Do you smoke?

How much per week do you spend on cigarettes?

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Do you smoke?

And to all the ones lighting up = feral

Message 51 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

Clair you stirrer LOL

Message 52 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

I'm with cinchuckchick. Allen Carr worked for me. I know this time I will never smoke again. Its all in the thinking. 5 years free ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 53 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

no way - disgusting - and if smokers saw the patients with smoking related lung disease (emphysema), they would not either
Message 54 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

thats not actually true - my brothers saw my mother die from emphysema and they still smoke.

its a very strong addiction.

Message 55 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

@poison_ivys_pen wrote:

Think it costs me probably a $100 a week and yes and I know that money could be better spent but it's my only vice so I still enjoy it but hi5's to all who have given it up and still going through the early stages of giving it up, it's not an easy habit to give the flick.

*sneaks off to blow more smoke rings*

My only "vice" smoking, has me with only 33% lung function..so easy in hindsight to say I should have stopped years ago,but like most smokers think & I was one that  nasty things wouldn`t happen to me...how wrong was I!!

*sneaks off to blow more smoke rings* ...a bit flippant IMO PipCat Sad

Message 56 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

@chinchuckchick wrote:

I gave up 13 years ago when I fell pregnant with our eldest, started again after I finished breast feeding. Stopped for good about 6 months later, cold turkey, Thank you Allan Carr ๐Ÿ™‚ Totally rewired the way I thought about it, I always thought I "enjoyed" smoking, but I didn't.

Totally agree re Allan Carr...I read his book and by the time I`d finished I never smoked another cigarette...and I was a 40 smoker too!!Very proud to say it`s been over 4 years and in that time I have NEVER craved for a **bleep**...the best book I have ever read..

Message 57 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

I tried once, nearly vomited everywhere.  Put me off for good.

Being on a limited income I'm glad I don't smoke as I don't want to have go and get food vouchers to survive cause I spend all my money cigarettes. Working in the supermarket I've seen it many times, people come in with a food voucher from a local charity, and then use thier cash to buy cigarettes.

Now to give up the sugar laden foods, is another problem

Message 58 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

No, the only one in my family that never has or tried.

Father a heavy smoker and I think it helped his demise. My brother died of lung cancer, was told by doc to give it away, he did about 6 yrs before he passed but it was too late, one sister just tried it and gave it up as fast as she started, other sister gave up cold turkey because she thought she had cancer, other sister and brother finally saw the light after many years and gave up cold turkey/.My bil and sil gave into their kids pressure after smoking for a hundred yrs.

I can remember the days when hubby and I got nasty comments because visitors to our house had to smoke outside, Sorry, our house, our rules.

Congrats to all that have overcome the addiction because it is an addiction.

Message 59 of 60
Latest reply

Do you smoke?

Mope. Never smoked. Never tried it. Never even held one

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 60 of 60
Latest reply