'Ferry McFerryface' is a stale, unimaginative insult?

Sorry, but 'Ferry McFerryface' is a stale, unimaginative insult

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/ferry-mcferryface-is-a-stale,-unimaginative-insult/9148460

i really dont think Victor cares.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

But it also it detracts from the achievements of the great Australians whose names adorn three of the six new ferries: heart surgeon Victor Chang; ophthalmologist Fred Hollows; and obstetrician Catherine Hamlin.

It's another sign that the majority of the voting public does not value experience nor knowledge, but instead enjoys novelty and idle frivolity coupled with indifference of the achievements of those who dare to expand and enrich our lives.

Horace Mann, who developed (amongst contemporary harsh criticism) the public schooling system, told those who graduated; "Be ashamed to die until you have made some victory for humanity".

Now instead, everybody seems to revel in novelty, and care nothing of anything but their own black mirror.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It's not just a joke & an insult to their achievements, but VERY unoriginal. What happened to the Aussie spirit & originality?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

i just wonder how many kids will ask their mum or dad to go on ferry mcferryface for a ride, not one of the other ferries.

so how many ferries are there?

how many aimed at kids?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

David, the average child in Sydney asks to go on the Manly Ferry....most of them would not have a clue what the ferry is named....they just want to go on a ferry trip to Manly.  The attraction is the destination, not the name of the mode of transport.

Just as a matter of interest, I could not tell you the names of all the ferries on the Harbour and I have lived here all my life except for a 3 year stint in Canberra 50 years ago.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

'Station McStationface' gets thumbs down as public invited to name Melbourne stations' 😄
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply