Frances Abbott

From the Australian. 

FRANCES Abbott has spoken for the first time about the New ­Matilda website hacking her education files, saying it’s “not right to hack into ­anything”.

Ms Abbott told Diary she had accepted a letter of apology from Freya Newman and was trying to move on with life in Melbourne, where she is working as a buying assistant in children’s wear at Myer.

“Yes, I was sent an apology ­letter,’’ she said.

“I guess in that situation I’m trying to move forward with everything, but it’s just one of those things. I wish Freya all the best and moving forward we all make ­mistakes.

“Obviously, she (Freya) acknowledged her mistake so ­moving forward, moving on.”

But when asked about New Matilda’s illegal access of Professor Barry Spurr’s emails and her own education files from the Whitehouse School of Design, Ms Abbott said she did not approve of their methods.

“To be honest, it’s just like as a small child you learn it’s not right to read someone’s diary,’’ she said.

“It’s not right to hack into ­anything. That’s all I’ve got to say on it.”

Firstly, New Matilda did not "hack" her education files and Freya was not charged with "hacking" but with "accessing restricted files". Two very different things and she needs to be very careful of accusations made when they are not true. 

Up until now I was almost willing to believe that Frances Abbott was maybe a bit niave and perhaps she truly believed that she deserved the scholarship. Even though it was never open to anyone else. Even though it was never advertised. Even though she didn't tell anyone else at the school about it.  Even though every one else who enquired was informed there were no scholarships available. However, her comments in this article show an entitled condescending young woman who seems oblivious of the harm that has come to Freya.

Let's not forget that she was also taken to VCAT for breaking a lease and causing a woman, a sole parent undergoing cancer treatment, to have to take her to court to pay the money she was owed. And yet when she presented to VCAT, she told them "My father is the Prime Minister you know".  While Frances won the case, it was apparantly legal, but unusual. 

Secondly, wouldn't it have been a gracious gesture to the woman who lost her bond and rent due to the "change of mind" by Frances, to just simply pay, what in their world would be a small amount, to alleviate the stress caused. 

I wonder if her speaking out is to soften the backlash that has occured after having Freya charged. Interesting that she is even commenting at all. And with the Australian instead of a more MSM publication. 

Photobucket

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Frances Abbott

Spurr's email account hasn't been proven to be hacked either. A recipient of his emails could have handed them over to New Matilda.

Unauthorised access to email accounts is still classed as hacking. Freys used another staff nembers password.

I think FA would have been better off not saying anything at all.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Frances Abbott

She is not naive in the slightest. She is a well learned student of her father. A well know abuser if entitlements. Catholics can do what ever they want, they just need to repent before they die and all is well.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Frances Abbott

@wilk1149 wrote:
She is not naive in the slightest. She is a well learned student of her father. A well know abuser if entitlements. Catholics can do what ever they want, they just need to repent before they die and all is well.

Actually that is incorrect.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Frances Abbott

hey! dont tarnish catholics with the slimey abbot brush thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Frances Abbott

I'm glad the last part of my comment is incorrect. But what I said before it is
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply