Happy Grand Final Holiday

gec2002
Community Member

After a thought bubble moment our Glorious Leader in Victoria thought that all Victorians need a holiday to celebrate the Grand and be able to go ibto the city and watch the parade.

What he didn't do ((Besides think more than a second about the flow on effects) is give us the Conventions of this new holiday

So here are ny thoughts, all other ideas most welcome

1.  Meals may only be prepared on BBQs

2.  A Meat Pie and Tomato Sauce must be consumed at least 1 meal during the day

3.  Those allegeric to Tomato Sauce may use any other condiment, however some condiment must be used

4.  A football (a real football not a round one, or one that you hold and run with) must be kicked at some point during the day.

5.  An approved AFL guernsey must be worn, ladies dresses should be colour co-ordinated with the guernsey

6.  Face Paint in the appropriate colours of your team must be applied between 2:00pm and midnight

7.  New Face paint must be applied for the actual Grand Final

8.  If told to work a Sickie must be taken, however all loadings must be applied to the sick leave

9.  A min of 15 minutes will be spent thinking up reasons why your team is not playing, and should the coach remain

10.  One conversation must about your teams performance in the Footy Show last night (Exceptions apply to finalists)

11.  No Lawnmowing at all  (Thats just me I hate people who mow lawns on public holidays)

12.  Not barracking for either of the sides in the final is not sufficient reason for not observing the above

Happy Grand Final Holiday all my fellow Victorians

PS.  IF buying from a Victorian Selller - Don't expect answers to questions or items posted - its a public Holiday

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's costing us half a billion dollars of our economy. Great idea. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Bah Humbug.   Just enjoy it for enjoyments sake.  

And I don't even like AFL or live in Victoria Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The city cafes will do a roaring trade,if only those baristas wages were halved.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I reckon enjoy it while it lasts because the Liberals are sure to take it away (like Show Day).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Does leopard print count for the ladies today?

(point 5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Only if worn with a Cats or Tigers guernsey.  Sorry not with a Lions guernsey as they are still Fitzroy for me, so unacceptable on a Victorian Holiday too many painful memories.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply