Have You Ever Forgotten Where You Parked Your Car?

Forgetful driver finds car five weeks later

Having spent the day doing all the things Oktoberfest is renowned for - drinking, eating and dancing - he went to find his car but realised he had no idea where it was.

With a dusty recollection he had travelled on one of two particular tram routes, he jumped on board and checked side streets and alleyways, but Andreas could not find his Golf.

"I rode all the way along both lines looking down every side street and found nothing," he said.

Only able to provide the advice that his car was "somewhere in east Munich", police were unable to help the driver, but promised to keep an eye out for it.

A $300 reward failed to turn up the vehicle and Andrea had no choice but to return to Italy.

But he called on locals to help him out when he took an ad out in the local paper and five weeks after pulling up the handbrake, he got the call he had been waiting for.

One of the paper's readers spotted the car and Andrea was finally reunited with his Golf on Friday.

OMG poor man!

Man LOL

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I guess all the careless drivers would steer clear of them in case they scratched or dented it 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Yep --been guilty......................Richo.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

I didn't actually forget where I parked but I did find another car almost identical and unlocked.

I was using my cousin's car and walked out of the supermarket and put all the groceries on the back seat.

I then went to another shop to meet my sister and after about 10 minutes we walked back to the car and my sister asked me where I put the groceries and I said on the back seat but there were no groceries and the car was locked whereas I put them in an unlocked car.

My sister spotted an almost identical car about 5 metres further along pulling out and starting to drive away so she ran up to the car and banged on the window and the driver stopped, my sister said that she just wanted the groceries off the back seat.

My sister opened the back door and gathered up the bags and shut the door and walked back to me.

The driver of the other car was stunned, she just sat there watching us and even when we drove off she was still sitting and watching us. 

Never leave your car unlocked outside a supermarket.

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply