How can you tell if your cat is in pain?

How can you tell if your cat is in pain? Scientists have a new grimace scale that might help

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2020-02-01/vet-pets-how-can-you-tell-if-your-cat-is-in-pain/1188...

if you cant tell when your cat requires help you prolly shouldnt have a cat, or any animal pet.

animals give pretty obvious signs when somethings wrong.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How can you tell if your cat is in pain?

Oddie the wonder Tom cat brought home through the cat flap a dead half eaten bat one night. I noticed over the next few days his behavior was becoming more erratic than the normal very odd "Oddie" to the point that I thought a full blown exorcism may be the only form of treatment.

I had convinced myself, the Mrs and kids (with a little "help" from google) that he had contracted Rabies from the bat contact.

He was constantly running around, saucer eyed, vocalizing at the top of his lungs while still hissing, jumping from furniture, making dive bomber raids from the top of cupboards on unsuspecting passers by, shadow stalking nearly to the point of exhaustion

..... it was when he started rearing up and lunging like a stallion trying mount Digger the staffie that I called enough was enough and rang the vet to make an appointment.

The vet is probably still laughing.....turns out he had a tick and apparently that's what some cats do when they have a tick.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 11 of 11
Latest reply