How does the Royal thing work?

If George had have been a Georgina, being the first born, would she have gotten to be Queen one day, even if she got a younger brother, or would the female be bypassed in favour of the male?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 99
Latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Greencat If William dies while he is heir to the throne, his heir, i.e. George, will succeed him as heir to the throne.

The Act of succession has been change to allow the firstborn child to succeed its parent regardless of its gender.

Gotcha -

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 31 of 99
Latest reply

Has the English rule of royal succession been changed as in the Swedish?

Wherein the throne goes to the next eldest child (male of female) instead of the eldest son  ?

I know they were debating it.

Message 32 of 99
Latest reply

Yes.

if William and Kate had a girl first, not a boy, that would have happened...Queen Georgina one day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 33 of 99
Latest reply

Icy, it has been changed so it goes to the eldest child no matter which gender, then down their line, unless any are childless.

it was rushed through before William had kids; so if they had a girl, she would be Queen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 34 of 99
Latest reply

Good to know

Crikey - this was all hypothetical and caused me huge headches and, well, it was jusst wrong on so many levels !

i am sending you a nice little gift, well wrapped in........................

Smiley LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 35 of 99
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Icy, it has been changed so it goes to the eldest child no matter which gender, then down their line, unless any are childless.

it was rushed through before William had kids.

Ok got it thanks, Amber.

Message 36 of 99
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Good to know

Crikey - this was all hypothetical and caused me huge headches and, well, it was jusst wrong on so many levels !

i am sending you a nice little gift, well wrapped in........................

Smiley LOL

just don't send any packaging peanuts, ok?

Message 37 of 99
Latest reply

Just to do your head in more, Prince Charles doesn't have to be King Charles, Prince William, King William or Prince George, King George. They can choose the name they wish to reign under, I think usually from one of their own names but I don't know if it has to be.
Message 38 of 99
Latest reply

I just really hope that Prince Charles never takes the throne. That comment about the tampon still makes me cringe and doesn't really bestow any sense of dignity iykwim.

I look at how Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip have conducted themselves, with dignity and grace, and I really do admire how The Duke and Duchess oif Cambridge have so far conducted themselves, especially on this current tour. I think the Duchess is presenting herself as a remarkable figurehead and one whom people could respect. I think Prince William is doing well also.

Message 39 of 99
Latest reply

Prince Phillip is renowned for clangers but in a usually lovable way. I think he just has a wicked sense of humour...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-quotes-relive-90-133848

Message 40 of 99
Latest reply