I Meant What I Said At The Time

22nd March 2013

Gillard Accepts Rudd's Word On Leadership

Prime Minister Julia Gillard says she accepts Kevin Rudd's assurance he won't seek to return to the Labor leadership.

Mr Rudd has said through a spokesman that under "no circumstance" will he come back to the Labor leadership and he will now focus solely on retaining his Brisbane seat.

"I've seen the media reports of the statement and I think it reflects the reality," Ms Gillard told reporters at Bangalow in northern NSW on Friday.

"This issue is over and done with.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-national/gillard-accepts-rudds-word-on-leadership-20130322-2...

What a trusting soul Ms Gillard is. You'd think she'd know better:

July 15 2011

I Meant What I Said At The Time, PM Says Of No Carbon Tax Promise

Speaking at the National Press Club in Canberra, the Prime Minister said she couldn't “unsay” what she said before the election, when she declared “there will be no carbon tax under a government I lead”.

She said she meant what she said, because an ongoing carbon tax “was not what I had in my mind as the future for our country”.

Attempting to make a virtue of the difficulty of her political plight, Ms Gillard said reform never came easily.

How would anyone ever trust this mob to run a country?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

They're all the same, pollies lie.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

I trust them they've done a brilliant job at preserving our economy and jobs. Importantly, they've initiated important social improvements such as disability care, aged pension increases, superannuation increases and school improvements. These long term programs will help Australians well into the future and would never be considered by the right wing opposition.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Because they have policies that will be good for the country.

Because They have an enquiry into institutional child abuse and are not writing personal references to defend child sex abuse.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Tell me icy, have you truly never been in the situation where what might be your ideal couldn't happen, because of changed circumstances, so you have had to negotiated a compromise? Does that make you untrustworthy or an effective manager?

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I promised myself I would walk today, but guess what?

I didn't walk, because I changed my mind :^O

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Because they have policies that will be good for the country.

Because They have an enquiry into institutional child abuse and are not writing personal references to defend child sex abuse.

.... and because when circumstances change only fool does not change his mind.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Bringing up the past is not going to win the election for the LNP

It just reinforces their negativity. 😄 and damages them.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

Majority don't.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Tony Abbott previously supported carbon pricing but he changed his mind. He previously said housewives do ironing but he changed his mind :^O

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply