I just had to share this...

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/08/04/10/12/family-stunned-after-balloon-tribute-to-dad-floats-ba...

John Seibold died in May at age 43, leaving behind his wife Sandy Seibold and daughter Saige.

Ms Seibold and Saige visited his grave on Father’s Day, and decided to do something special to remember him.

Saige wrote a handwritten note at the grave site, explaining what had happened to her dad and telling whoever found the note to contact her.

She then tied the note to a balloon that said "#1 Dad", attached seven more balloons, and let it fly.

The plan almost went wrong immediately, when the balloons became stuck in power lines.

"Please God let these balloons fly for her," Ms Seibold remembered praying, before a gust of wind took them away.

When the pair returned home, a few hours later and 40km away, they spotted the balloons tangled in a fence in the backyard.

Gee what are the odds of that happening?  I wonder if it's legit...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe it was a sign

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yeah I wonder.  Does seem fairly unlikely that the balloons would float all the way home, over 40kms, without some sort of "help" 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Years ago, I  picked up a balloon with an identifying number and  contact tag attached, at Castlereagh. 

It had been released at Colyton High School for a science experiment. About 30 kilometres in distance.  

DEB

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ran out of time to edit the above post....

It was a heavy duty type of rubber balloon.

DEB

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@secondhand-wonderland wrote:

Gee what are the odds of that happening?  I wonder if it's legit...

http://www.nifter.com/television_theme_songs_music/tv_theme_twilight%20zone%20music%20intro%20only_N...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I wish people would consider the damage balloons can do when released like that.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply