I need some help to one up an insufferable know it all

Hey everyone

I need to know if any Tarjay stores in Australia have public toilets?  I have never been in a Tarjay that had thier own public toilets, yet an insufferable know it all co-worker says that most stores do.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

*pepe
Community Member

all the ones i have been to are a part of a complex which has public loos but the actual stores don't

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I doubt it.  Target stores are always in shopping centres and the rest rooms are in the shopping centre not the stores.

Joono
Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

Years ago Kmart in Blacktown used to have a public loo, but they closed that down years ago as well.

I think ppl were abusing it.

Kmart Blacktown is a stand-alone store, not in a centre.

I think your know- it- all friend will find, as has been stated in above posts, that individual stores no longer have public toilets, instead, ppl use the public loos in the centres.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

Nope, can't say I've ever been to a Target with internal public toilets.

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

The only case I can think of is if there is a store in the city that has them.  I know some department stores in the city have their own loos.

Joono
Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

I agree, they may have 'staff facilities' (and not all shops do in a centre beleive me) but most complexes have facilities for the public and they are well signed on each floor.

Bunnings in Maroochydore do have public facilities, but this is more for the sake of keeping the buyer on site, rather than the buyers convenience I am sure LOL

Good business practice actually when you think about it LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

I am afraid your friend is correct.

By law any stand alone store has to have public accessible toilets. And even if they are in a complex, some would have to have them depending on the size of the store and the proximity to the nearest public ones.

On saying that I have never been into a Target that had a 'Toilet this way' sign anywhere. But I have been to my local when my daughter had to go, and they didn't have a problem taking me to one that was locked but not sign posted.

Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

By law any stand alone store has to have public accessible toilets.

Not in Qld martini, at least not on the Sunny Coast - most of the S/Centres on the Sunshine Coast have Public Toilets, and depending on the 'size' of the stand alone store, the staff of those stores have to use the same facilities as the Public - there will be toilets marked 'staff' where a key is needed, but no law regulates a small store to have a facility on site.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

No toilet in my local Target, in a mall complex with mall toilets. Toilets are nearby Target.

Kmart, Woolies, Coles big stores in the mall that don't have their own toilets.

Myer is the only store in my local mall with instore toilets.

Re what Martini said - we have one standalone Woolies and that does have its own toilets (NSW)

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply