Iphone help!!!

So I've had my iphone for just on 18 months and I pay insurance,well it's called Stay Connected thru Telstra.  I dropped my phone just after xmas and the screen cracked.  It stil works but some buttons occassionally get stuck.  My contract is up in early June. I can get a brand new replacement as part of my stay connected but I would have to pay $190.  I can also get applie to fix it but not sure what that would cost.???

What's the point in having insurance if I don't use it if needed but $190 still seems excessive.   I find contracts are costly tho and perhaps if I pay the $190 ive got a brand new phone and once contract is up I just go on prepaid.....

Anyone had a similar situation?  Would you pay the momey?  And if you are on prepaid and quite a heavy user what sort of $$$ are you shelling out each month for data and calls?

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Iphone help!!!

If it's just the glass thats cracked, go to one of those stores that specialize in screen replacements to get a price.

If it's both glass/digitizer and screen then it's expensive.

If you pay 190 you get a new phone which I assume would be worth a lot more to resell second hand if you get an upgrade in June, so you could end up making a little on that option. Unless I have missed something. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Iphone help!!!

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

If it's just the glass thats cracked, go to one of those stores that specialize in screen replacements to get a price.

If it's both glass/digitizer and screen then it's expensive.

If you pay 190 you get a new phone which I assume would be worth a lot more to resell second hand if you get an upgrade in June, so you could end up making a little on that option. Unless I have missed something. Smiley Happy

Yes that's what I was thinking about reseliing....might be worth paying the $190....they seem to hold their value?  I'll pop into a market to one of those repair shops get a quote.  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply