Is Eddie a racist but just doesnt know it?

Collingwood racism report findings a vindication for Héritier Lumumba and others who paid price for speaking up

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-02/collingwood-eddie-mcguire-response-to-racism-report-analysis/...

the guy has been caught several times saying pretty 'poorly chosen' words in the past

yester day he declared the day a report finding the collingwood football club has a deep rooted culture of racism 

a "historic and proud day"

not exactly words id use if my club was the club

i'd call it a very sad day, about as low as a club could sink when the club has used players of various ethnicity to win prestige

if my club had reports of racial abuse going on i would hope everyone from the president down would be angry with those doing it

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I think everybody is a racist to some extent, and it appears to have become the crime of the Century, "about as low as a club could sink"!

No, I do not think he is a low racist. I think he is another person who does not think before he opens his mouth and too frequently puts his foot in it.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Collingwood racism report findings a vindication for Héritier Lumumba and others who paid price for speaking up

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-02/collingwood-eddie-mcguire-response-to-racism-report-analysis/...

the guy has been caught several times saying pretty 'poorly chosen' words in the past

yester day he declared the day a report finding the collingwood football club has a deep rooted culture of racism 

a "historic and proud day"

not exactly words id use if my club was the club

i'd call it a very sad day, about as low as a club could sink when the club has used players of various ethnicity to win prestige

if my club had reports of racial abuse going on i would hope everyone from the president down would be angry with those doing it

I'm not sure if McGuire is racist or not. I will say though that  racism is a disgusting fact this country and there's a whole lot of people who need to be educated. Religious hate is another one and islamophobia does exist because of ignorance and a deliberate media distortion.

Highly respected and much treasured sportsman Adam Goodes is an Indigenous Australian. He is a dnyamathanha / Narungga man on his mother's side and he has Scottish, Irish and English ancestry on his father's side. A great representative of the sport as well as Indigenous Australians, you'd think that he would have respect all around. Well, sadly that's not the case, he has been the victim of racism. Public racial abuse and it's in this day and age! There's the evidence!

Eddie McGuire reflects on 'heartbreaking' Adam Goodes documentary

Collingwood Football Club President Eddie McGuire.
Collingwood Football Club President Eddie McGuire. Source: AAP

The screening of The Final Quarter on Thursday has led to an emotional outpouring about the treatment of Adam Goodes.

Eddie McGuire has called a new documentary about the treatment of former AFL star Adam Goodes "heartbreaking".

The Final Quarter looks into the racism endured by Goodes and features McGuire's 2013 on-air gaffe suggesting the Sydney Swans player be used to promote the musical King Kong.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/eddie-mcguire-reflects-on-heartbreaking-adam-goodes-documentary

============================================================

Waleed Aly has a point!

If anything, I think Eddie McGuire needs education as ignorance is one of the ingredients of racism.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Eddie McGuire stands down as Collingwood president in wake of racism report

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-09/eddie-mcguire-collingwood-football-club-racism-report/1313692...

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Interesting

Re: Is Eddie a racist but just doesnt know it?   

No, He knows

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Don't know, but probably.

Don't care.

Never liked him.

He's just a fool who thinks he's smart and funny and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I don't think someone as successful as he is is a fool.  I like him but just going by his image as I don't know him personally.  He's done the right thing by stepping down over the racist issue and we'll see what happens next. 

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I wonder if they'll cancel out his "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" career as well?
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, so do I.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply