Is Sunscreen a Con.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082458/The-sun-creams-don-t-protection-promise-Two-Britain-... .....................The sun creams that DON'T give the protection they promise: Two of Britain's biggest brands 'offer only two-thirds of the level on the label' Boots Soltan and Hawaiian Tropic gave less protection than stated on label Failure suggests users are being put at risk of sunburn or even skin cancer Both brands strenuously contested the results of Which?'s lab tests Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082458/The-sun-creams-don-t-protection-promise-Two-Britain-...

Tommy Loves Everyone... Im a 75 year old nutcase..
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is Sunscreen a Con.

The important thing is that without sunscreen, one is "put at risk". Any sunscreen that is doing what it says it is, will be not a con.

all need to meet requirements in this country prior to sale. Australia is a shocker for sun exposure related cancer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Is Sunscreen a Con.

I never had much luck with them. Coming off a really bad sunburn now and my dad suggested I put butter on it.

What I am doing every night is applying a body / hand lotion, not rubbing it in fully, letting it kinda cake up and it makes it barable to wear clothes

I always did burn easy but now it's even worse, The sun sneaks up on me when I least suspect and attacks, combine that with the ticks, and poison ivy/oak, jiggers, and rocks flying up from passing trucks,, and I must look a mess.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Is Sunscreen a Con.

Cool showers, Joanie, and a gentle moisturiser, not butter. Resist peeling skin off, too, it needs to heal naturally.

sounds like your lotion is the way to go. It helps if it has shea or cocoa butter in it, too. But no butter, butter ๐Ÿ˜‰

Remember that with sunscreen it needs to be reapplied, depending on how long you are out and about...and what you are doing. Some are water resistant, some aren't, and they have different SPF ratings. Always read the label to see how long it will last.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Is Sunscreen a Con.

i use nivea creme only. the one in the blue box/tin. the only skin creme i saw that dont contain parabenes.

the one in the white tin stinks.

funny thing is in australia it comes in a plastic jar, in germany its still in a metal jar.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Is Sunscreen a Con.

When I have sunburn I avoid anything which has mineral oil or petroleum in it. Actually, I always avoid those.

There are different Nivea formulations depending on where you buy it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply