26 REPLIES 26

Is it safe to eat plastic?

If I eat a plastic fork from McDoanalds, will it germinate in my stomach ?

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Maccas have been around for decades, i thought everyone knew by now they dont serve real food.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

Maccas have been around for decades, i thought everyone knew by now they dont serve real food.

I think you make the mistake that knowledge and information gleaned by one generation is passed onto the next,

which is not the case. Made the same mistake myself.

Hence the need to continually re hash old stories, or new slants on old stories or just new stories full stop.

So while we of a certain age remember the story on "Mcdonalds pink slime", many younger might not.

Just my observation of the world !

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Wouldn't want to 'pass' on inaccurate stories though, and mislead a whole generation. The new generation can find out info about food for themselves, direct from the source anyway. They are very cluey.

"McDonald’s Australia recently posted a video explaining how its beef is processed to help dispel claims about the use of “pink slime.” “We use real beef,” Tracey Monaghan, director of quality assurance for McDonald’s Australia, says in the video.

“Specifically, we use forequarter and hindquarter trimmings… None of this pink slime stuff that everybody keeps talking about and certainly no meat fillers.”

Video in link

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/mcdonalds-addresses-pink-slime-claims-2014-5

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

I just used that as an example. I didn't say it was true for Maccas but stuff like that is used in making food for human consumption.

Kids get taught at school about food - or some do, one's I know do.

I also know some that stopped eating Maccas after this so not sure what they got told.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Strange example. People choose not to eat Macca's simply because it is junk food - high in fat, salt etc. Same with other fast food.

More McDonalds myth busters

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/mcdonalds-reveals-its-menu-secrets-to-bust-the-myths-and-m...
Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

sue them for false advertising Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply