Is it time to worry? Orwellian world has arrived

23 REPLIES 23

@icyfroth wrote:

I know. We got astonished looks while on holiday in the UK because we didn't have a mobile phone. I have a ph but not in the UK.

They ended up accepting my son's (who lives in the UK) ph.

Icy, everyone over the age of 5, and under the age of 30 have a mobile phone permanently welded to their hands. Fact ! I was sitting waiting for a cousin in the car park of Asda supermarket only today. About eight staff came out of a side door - obviously their shift had ended - and without exception everyone was on their mobile phone. Not having been able to use it for several hours while on duty, they were now having their fix of FB, Twitter, some sort of game, etc, etc as soon as they were free to do so.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

"A Victorian butcher has done away with cash in his Melbourne shops, using card as the only means of payment.

. . . Canning said around 75-80% of his customers paid with card anyway, so he thought this was the next logical step in the process."

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/growth/42073-meet-the-butcher-s-shop-which-has-given-cash-the-chop.ht...

A totally cash-less society would mean no escape at all from the spooks. Spooky, or what?

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

It's only a matter of time before we can have communication devices directly implanted into our brains. Some people already have RFID microchips under their skin.

and then, there's this    . . .

"CNN)Neil Harbisson is the world's first legally recognized cyborg. He has an antenna implanted into his skull that gives him access to something he was born without: the ability to perceive color.

In a world where technology is overwhelming our mental focus and social lives, Harbisson, 32, has a closer relationship with technology than even the most avid smartphone user."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/02/tech/innovation/cyborg-neil-harbisson-implant-antenna/

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

As I keep telling my OH, this is why I need to spend all my money as qickly as I can.  If there's no money in my account they can't steal it Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply