Is the Liberal Party full of thugs?

Tony Abbott only punched a wall I suppose but Dr Mark Roberts threatens throat cutting.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 101
Latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Van Onselen responded to Abbott's comments with this tweet: "Wow the staffer in Tony Abbott's office is denying the form of words that he used. A number of people heard it so that's interesting."

He then confirmed that he will discuss the "cut the throat" reports, and "now denials", with David Speers on the Sky News Lunchtime Agenda at 1.30pm.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/tony-abbott-staffer-well-cut-your-throat/story-fncynjr2-1226624...

Message 2 of 101
Latest reply

No the Liberal party is not 'full' of thugs just like the Labor party is not 'full' of thugs.

I really get sick of generalisations....it tarnishes the good people unnecessarily

Message 3 of 101
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

Tony Abbott only punched a wall I suppose but Dr Mark Roberts threatens throat cutting.

Not as many as the labor party and the union backers but then that would be a better story than your 1 liner post. I am sure that the Scottish imported 457 visa thug who is Julias adviser has said worse and done worse.... 

If this person said that then they should be dealt with.

So now all the luvies can have a great time all chortling about this in a thread all of their own.

🙂

Message 4 of 101
Latest reply

If this person said that then they should be dealt with.

Hasn't he denied it? Wonder if he will change his mind given more than one person heard it.

He is being counselled lol

I agree mrswormwood, that is why I asked the question.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 101
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

I know this must be hard for you shuggy to actually tell the proper story or type the truth instead of making a one line sensational post.

He is supposed to have said..

The senior staffer has been revealed as Dr Mark Roberts, Mr Abbott's director of policy. Eyewitnesses say he threatened an indigenous group leader over federal funding

Van Onselen, who witnessed the threat, earlier told news.com.au a"very senior member of Abbott’s staff" told the prominent Australian, who works in the not-for-profit sector, he would "cut his throat" when "we" are in Government.

shuggy It was a TERM over funding, not a threat of violence directed at the person as you are attempting to make out and distort the story and the facts. 

Is it really that hard for you to report the story in its proper context shuggy? 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/tony-abbott-staffer-well-cut-your-throat/story-fncynkc6-1226624063491

Message 6 of 101
Latest reply

Well I'll be watching lunchtime agenda lol

Were you there Nero? :^O

Photobucket
Message 7 of 101
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

and again for you shuggy 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/tony-abbott-staffer-apologises-for-dinner-clash/story-fn59niix-1226624213359

The Australian's Peter van Onselen said he heard Dr Roberts say to the man “words to the effect of, `I'll cut your throat in government, I'll cut your funding'.”.

No physical threats of physical or personal threats of violence there shuggy so your post is false and would appear to be malicious and a lie 

Message 8 of 101
Latest reply

Peter van Onselen ‏@vanOnselenP11h

Abbott's staffer knew I heard the conversation, bailed me up & offered to be a source inside TA's office if I stayed quiet...thanks, but no.

lol

Photobucket
Message 9 of 101
Latest reply

wareubin
Community Member

How could the author of this thread interpret "I'll cut your throat in government, I'll cut your funding" into a thug threatening to cut someones throat? Very strange.

Message 10 of 101
Latest reply