Japan can no longer kill whales Hooray

silverfaun
Community Member

We can thank Kevin Rudd for this stunning victory and I have no trouble doing that.

Well done Kevvie, you started the ball rolling and now Japan has to cease their horrific killing of these majestic creatures.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/policy/japan-ordered-to-end-whaling/story-fn59nm2j-...

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Yay I was so happy about that when heard it on the news this morning.

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/international-court-of-justice-upholds-aust...

yes lucky abbott had nothing to do with it.

Then oppostion leader Tony Abbott also rejected the legal bid to end whaling, despite his then environment spokesman Greg Hunt urging the government to submit court documents.

He said while the Coalition would like Japan to stop whaling, ''we don't want to needlessly antagonise our most important trading partner, a fellow democracy, an ally''.

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

Only in Antarctic waters I believe.  Still a great and long overdue result. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

I am lucky enough to see the migration of these majestic creatures from the cliffs near my home every year. They'll be starting north again in about a month.

A wonderful decision.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Fantastic news!Cat Happy

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!  An excellent outcome!

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

We can thank Phoebe Fraser and her father who started the Australian movement nearly 40 years ago.  They "started the ball rolling".   Rudd was a latecomer.

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Finally

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Only in the Antarctic.

------------------------------

JAPAN may continue to kill whales in the northern Pacific, despite a UN court ruling that its annual “scientific” expedition in the Antarctic was unlawful, says Tokyo’s envoy to International Court of Justice.

Twelve of the 16 judges of the Court of International Justice in The Hague endorsed Australia’s claimthat the Japanese Antarctic whaling program, described as scientific research, was unlawful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will they really take any notice? The Whalers will say that they never heard of the ruling.

Just wait and see.

Erica Woman Sad

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply