Living With The Virus

Ok. So we're all staying home, wearing masks when we go out, sanitising surfaces, madly washing hands.

How else are you coping?

Had to go to the post office this arvo as I had a cpl of sales on Ebay, having to send parcels. Bloody lined up for half a block because they were only allowing 8 customers in at any given time. 

Staff are all behing perspex screens. Sheesh!

How's everyone else getting along?

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Living With The Virus

Just fine thanks.

I know that this is a minor inconvenience when I think of my mother spending most of her time in a cellar for the best part of three years while the allies dropped bombs day & night.

Or my father sent to Normandy as a sixteen year old.

I guess we don't cope well with adversity these days.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

we are coping quite well here . . . thanks for asking.

We got back from a shortened Tassie trip just over two weeks ago and have hardly gone out since.  Only a couple of trips to town for groceries and a couple to check the PO Boxes (we don’t have street delivery of mail so checking PO Boxes is okay).

Not at the stage of wearing masks when out though.  There have only been 5 cases reported so far in our Local Government Area (which is huge). One councilor is pushing to be one of the trial regions for relaxing of restrictions.

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Just fine thanks.

I know that this is a minor inconvenience when I think of my mother spending most of her time in a cellar for the best part of three years while the allies dropped bombs day & night.

Yes, agree. What my parents had to go through after a WW2 and then emigrating with 4 kids to a country they couldn't even speak the language of...

Ha.

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

We got back from a shortened Tassie trip just over two weeks ago and have hardly gone out since.  Only a couple of trips to town for groceries and a couple to check the PO Boxes (we don’t have street delivery of mail so checking PO Boxes is okay).

Good to hear.

Wonderfully, we are having the most amazingly blue skies and warm weather here, and it's a pleasure just to be alive!

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@icyfroth wrote:

Just fine thanks.

Yes, agree. What my parents had to go through after a WW2 and then emigrating with 4 kids to a country they couldn't even speak the language of...

Ha.

Fortunately my father spoke English when we arrived ...learned it while in a POW camp staffed by Americans...Mum & I took a while.

However I did have a grasp of half a dozen languages from mingiing with the kids during two years in a Migrant Hostel... unfortunately English was not one of them...my first year at school was tough...lol

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@icyfroth wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Good to hear.

Wonderfully, we are having the most amazingly blue skies and warm weather here, and it's a pleasure just to be alive!

Dropped into the village square to pick up some packaging tape from the $2 shop and to see if they had any more masks. No more masks. Rats"s,!Lucky I bought up a few.

Bloke out the front of Woollies was plaiying the guitar and banging on the box he was sitting on for drums. Woollies are good like that, they'll let buskers play out the front of their store.

So I threw him a cpl of gold coins.

Life's still good.

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

go-tazz
Community Member

@icyfroth wrote:

Ok. So we're all staying home,

Yes.

Wearing masks when we go out.

No.

Sanitising surfaces.

No.

Madly washing hands.

No,just the same as I always have.

Had to go to the post office this arvo as I had a cpl of sales on Ebay, having to send parcels. Bloody lined up for half a block because they were only allowing 8 customers in at any given time. 

Ours is a fairly small shop so 4 only.

Not last week when I went last but it's to protect them so they can keep working.

How else are you coping?

Fine staying at home or walking the dog with the occasional trip into town.

Ended all the eBay listings so I wouldn't need to go into town just to post an item and as a hobby seller that

wasn't many listings and was going to relist them in a few weeks but they've now completely disappeared from

my other account so it could take a "while" to redo them if I decide to relist them

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@go-tazz wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Ok. So we're all staying home,

Yes.

Wearing masks when we go out.

No.

Sanitising surfaces.

No.

Madly washing hands.

No,just the same as I always have.

Ours is a fairly small shop so 4 only.

Not last week when I went last but it's to protect them so they can keep working.

How else are you coping?

Fine staying at home or walking the dog with the occasional trip into town.

Ended all the eBay listings so I wouldn't need to go into town just to post an item and as a hobby seller that

wasn't many listings and was going to relist them in a few weeks but they've now completely disappeared from

my other account so it could take a "while" to redo them if I decide to relist them

So how's the dog coping?

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Living With The Virus

@icyfroth wrote:

Just fine thanks.

Ha.

Fortunately my father spoke English when we arrived ...learned it while in a POW camp staffed by Americans...Mum & I took a while.

However I did have a grasp of half a dozen languages from mingiing with the kids during two years in a Migrant Hostel... unfortunately English was not one of them...my first year at school was tough...lol

My oldest sister was the one that helped us through. She'd been at English classes on the long trip over, so she could translate a lot when we got here.

She never lets us forget it either!

LOL!

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply