Medibank Private

I am a member of Medibank Private and I was wondering who else is and what are they going to do about it? I am also an Optus customer so I am waiting now for the 3rd one! Tia

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Medibank Private

15547328-F6FA-440E-9682-91F3906CC564.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Medibank Private

I'm with ahm so got caught up in the Medibank Private data theft issue.  I might be being very naive but apart from being extra cautious about emails and potential scams, I don't think there is anything I really need to do.  

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

There is quite a lot in the media today on this. They are recommending actions to be taken immediately, such as:

Request a new Medibank card with a new number.

Change important passwords and ensure the accounts have multiple authentications included.

Monitor accounts and report any suspicious activity.

Be extra vigilant in looking out for scam contacts.

The below link is to a media article outlining what affected customers need to do NOW, and includes the relevant departmental contact details.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11405643/Medibank-hack-9-7million-customers-need-NOW.html 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

Despite what I wrote in the previous post, I contacted Medibank about the cyber attack. I asked if it was correct that customers should request a new card and number. The man stated NO. It was very clear that he was reading from a script and was being careful with his words. He did however recommend key passwords be changed with multiple verifications included. He said the current advice from Medibank is to visit their website and click on the link to "Cyber event updates and support".

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

15547328-F6FA-440E-9682-91F3906CC564.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

"Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has confirmed Australian authorities know who is behind the Medibank cyberattack and what country they are from."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/medibank-hack-update-prime-minister-claims-authorities-know-who-at... 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

I watched it on tele.  I doubt itโ€™s true, tbh.  Just trying to quieten the storm of outrage from the people.  

I would image, if these hackers are this good, then they certainly wouldnโ€™t be allowing cybercrime authorities to be able to track them down ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

Very much agree

Or the 'people' they busted, if there really were any, are a decoy 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Medibank Private

Well - they say they know - who - we'll have to wait and see.

But - let's face it - if you can ' hack ' - you can be ' hacked '. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply