Mental Health Week

Mental Health Week commences today with World Mental Health Day on October 10th. To those of us with mental illness and those who have loved ones with mental illness, this is a week that  will,hopefully,  continue to break through  stigma and raise awareness, as well as supporting our wellbeing. The message this year is "Mental Health begins with me." Stay safe and be aware that there could be triggers throughout the week.

http://www.mentalhealthcommission.gov.au/media-centre/events/mental-health-week.aspx

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Mental Health Week

Ecar, that was a brilliant, beautifully written description.

Message 91 of 94
Latest reply

Mental Health Week

Even though I, obviously, endorse Mental Health Week, it is exhausting. Every thought pattern was intensified and I have struggled with depression and crippling anxiety all week as well as insomnia and other symptoms. I still need to figure out why this happens every year, considering I've always been quite open in regards to mental illness and its advocacy, so this past week is nothing new to me but it still seems to be a trigger. But, for now, I need to recharge my batteries and get back on track.

Its times like these that I miss the old CW Depression Support Thread.

Message 92 of 94
Latest reply

Mental Health Week

Thank you, Bluecat. Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 94
Latest reply

Mental Health Week

This is the quote I was looking for...

Smiley Happy

carl_jung_r_512.jpg

Message 94 of 94