Mobile phones

A bit of a nosy question but I need some guidance.

I want to move my mobile away to a new service provider but I'm so confused.

May  I ask who you are with, how much do pay a month, do you use your phone alot and are you happy with the provider.

TIA

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Mobile phones

Hi Crystal

I am with Virgin Mobile I am on a $19 a month plan 24 month contract, this also includes the phone and $50 free calls per month.  I can also text/phone OH for free as he is on the same plan.

This suits me as I don't use my phone very often, if you do use your phone a lot you will probably need one of the plans that are capped.  Virgin service is covered by Optus and I have never had any problems with them, I have now been with them for 10 years and can update my phone every 2 years.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

The best deal I know of is amaysim.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

I'm with Telstra (because I need Next G) on a $30 pm post paid and get $30 free calls and texts with free calls between hubby and myself. Our calls are cheeap including calls to landlines which is why I have resisted the temptation to go on other newer plans that offer what appears to be more free dollars to spend, However if I work out the calls and texts now to the new plans call costs I'd be worse off. Our original contracts are finished so to speak and when we need a new phone we just buy a prepaid one and stick our sim cards in them.

Our plans work for us, everyone is different and the phone companies change their plans so often it is hard to fathom what is best at times.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

The good think about amaysim is there is NO contract, for kids it is particularly good as they tend to use a lot of data and go over their contracts for calls, they use the optus network.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am actually with telstra but they are not making me happy and I'm saying that very nicely but really do want to say other things LOLOL

It confusing isn't it.

Donna the data thing is important.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

I'm with Telstra. $50 a month, $600 of free calls (as if I would ever use that!) and unlimited sms. I don't use my phone to make many calls, but I text a lot. A real lot :^O so this works for me as I would rack up WAY more than $50 a month in sms charges.

I did have prepaid at one stage but it was costing me too much as did the $30 plan.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

Oh, and about 1 gig of data I think .....

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

I am with telstra too however I am putting my 2 teenage kids with iPhones with amaysim, nobody offers that much data at such a price plus free unlimited calls and texts.

As you are in Sydney I think you will find it fine.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Mobile phones

My mobile is with Vodaphone.

Im not on a monthly plan and i dont have to buy credit.

I get a bill every 3 months and just pay for the calls i make.

My phone doesnt have internet.

My bills average about $4.00 for the 3 months.

As you can tell i rarely use my mobile

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply