Monarto Zoo people cage

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-20/monarto-people-cage-to-allow-visitors-to-get-up-close-with-lio...

i'm not sure if this is really a good idea. why is a tunnel needed? an expensive undertaking when a covered above ground walkway would do the same thing. i read stories often about zoos having money/funding problems so why spend a load of hard to come by cash building a tunnel?

as for the peta thing, yes this kind of thing does treat the animals more as an entertainment that a learming experience in my view. for the director to say the lions have 10 hectares to wander about in does anyone think if the lions decided being near 'the humans cage' was no interest and spent their time off in the distance the 'zoo staff' wouldnt be told to attract the lions to the cage? perhaps hanging fresh meat on the outsides of the cage?

i kinda hope if it does happen the big male lions use the gage as a territory marking post. id pay to see idiots getting sprayed with lion pee

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Monarto Zoo people cage

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is so wrong on so many levels.

For once in my life I agree with PETA about this.

How long before some idiot puts their hand through the bars of the cage and gets bitten.....how many animals will have to lose their lives in relatiation before they abandon the stupid idea?

We have already seen what happens when people don't follow the rules when they drive through these safari parks.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply