NOW ABBOTT MUST THINK WE’RE ALL DRONES

Just heard on the news that Abbott has announced, with the liberal opposition leader by his side, that the new fleet Triton Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (common referred to as Drones) are to be based at RAAF Edinburgh. Supposedly it will bring a $100 million benefit to the state.

Now let’s see.  These aircraft carry out only one function during peacetime, surveillance, and one of the reasons they were purchased was to keep lookout for refugee boat.

But hang on Edinburgh is in Adelaide, but the boats are North West of Darwin, half a content away.  So it’s a 6000 km round trip before they get to do any surveillance.

So logic dictates that they should have been based somewhere up north, with Tindal coming to mind.  So why base them in Adelaide.

Next Saturday is Election Day.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

That's alright, after the election he will tell the people of SA they only thought he said that, they misunderstood what he said and what he meant.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

good point. the northern suburbs need something after he put the holden workers on the dole?   perhaps he thinks the new route for people smugglers lies in the southern ocean..

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

The thing that gets me is the utter hypocrisy of it.

He’s cutting everything that counts, with the catchcry that the age of entitlement is over.

Yet he’s prepared to waste tens of millions if not billions just so he can give the opposition leader something to crow about before Election Day.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

it was to be expected . i doubt there's been a PM more self-obsessed and arrogant, everything is about cementing their position. the actual country itself comes a very poor second.  rudd was a pretty self obsessed character too, but he took some steps that were not ultimately about his party and retaining power.. 

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Good, more words for my march in march sign.
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I am scared of them, aren't they dangerous?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

My neighbour is an electronics whizz...he makes his own drones from cheap things he buys from china. He has the most amazing videos of isolated areas.

He made a tiny one and soldered a miniature camera onto it..he stands across the road and flies it around his lounge room to spy on his family via his tablet lol
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

I am scared of them, aren't they dangerous?

well the iranians did catch one  or bring it down, so one might fall on someones head. its more likely these are here for other reasons. i can think of a few. like Karens neighbor except on a large scale..  or maybe they plan to spy on feral camels.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply