Nick Greiner and male breast cancer

I have known for a longtime that men can get BC and am pleased that Nick Greiner is talking about his.
I'm intrigued though to hear him say he had a mammogram. How is that physically possible?

(please, no jokes about man boobs, I'm genuinely interested how they do it)

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

They use a different "plate" but it is actually easier in men to get a good result, since men do not have dense breasts or other common breast changes that might interfere with the test.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

So it's not like a sandwich press for males? Do they use the same (or similar) plates for small breasted women?

Ooooo that looks even more painful

It's the same, look at the video, it may just be the machine that is different, like different brands maybe. I discussed this with my last radiographer, the plates used on me are quite small as I had a partial removal on one side.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

lis351
Community Member
Peter Criss, of Kiss fame, has been a huge campaigner for breast cancer, male in particular, since he and his wife were both diagnosed, now in remission, several years ago.
With all the focus on male cancers being testicular and prostate, I think it really should be more commonly known that men can and do get breast cancer also.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, totally agree but it is up to the individual to push for it. I think that's how women's breast cancer awareness campaign began.

On another note, thanks to Target for their new range of post surgery bras at fabulous prices!

They have a lining with openings to insert a different range of prosthetics, nice styles, pretty colours, soft fabric and stretch lace, not to mention no underwire and wide straps. I am impressed.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply