Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

And there is another poster here who has just confirmed every suspicion I ever had about her.X-(
Message 21 of 1,973
Latest reply

:^O:^O ... OK
Message 22 of 1,973
Latest reply

misty-au
Community Member
Karen, I agree with your grand-daughter, the blocks & the quillow are brilliant.
Message 23 of 1,973
Latest reply

Community Member
I contemplated buying another latch hook kit the other day but refrained from doing so lol I forgot how expensive they are but i did enjoy it i was telling ma about it & all she could say was that at least she wont be picking up the pieces of wool from anywhere any more lol

Photobucket

Message 24 of 1,973
Latest reply

And it is fantastic Karen.....I love the way you have finished it off:-)
Message 25 of 1,973
Latest reply

misty-au
Community Member
Ignore the intruders:^O
Message 26 of 1,973
Latest reply

misty-au
Community Member
Jealousy of others skills is a curse.
Message 27 of 1,973
Latest reply

:-x Misty
Message 28 of 1,973
Latest reply

Jealousy of others skills is a curse.

So true. :-x

It really is beautiful. I wish I had the talent and patience to do something like that.
Message 29 of 1,973
Latest reply

So true, it is ... :-x

Wish I could make quilts, make tablecloths, table runners, wall hangings, I can't do a thing, I am so jealous .. :_|
Message 30 of 1,973
Latest reply