Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

chuk_77
Community Member
hi patcher, no didn't just cut. I used instructions from one of the links given. I put two squares on top of each other, drew a line down the centre Diagonally 1/4" stitch either side then cut down the centre line.
I don't have the 1/4" foot yet so I measured those line out as well
Message 581 of 1,973
Latest reply

wavs to patcher the expert 😄
Message 582 of 1,973
Latest reply

That's a good way to make triangles but the squares have to be cut bigger than your other squares because you loose a bit when sewing because of the seams.

Have a look at this link. You have to add 7/8* to the original squares. Let me know whether it makes sense.

http://quiltingartsforum.com/halfsquare.html
Message 583 of 1,973
Latest reply

Hiya Shazz.

Chuk you can cut down your other squares to match the triangle squares you have made if you aren't to worried about the overall finished size.
Message 584 of 1,973
Latest reply

yea just cut em to fit.......works for me :^O
Message 585 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
yep patcher, it did make sense thanks. Now to find sometihng that accurately measures 7/8.
For this one am I able to just cut the squares to match the size of the triangles? If it turns out rubbish, it's ok I know differently for the next time.

Lesson 1 before starting learn imperial measurements. :^O
Message 586 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
oops too slow in typing
Message 587 of 1,973
Latest reply

dont stress to much chuk, all quilts according to the shazz quilting book of ethics must have at least 2 wonkys
Message 588 of 1,973
Latest reply

Oh yes, there is no such thing as a perfect quilt, they must all have at least one mistook in them somewhere. LOL.
Message 589 of 1,973
Latest reply

makes em much more original dont it patch 🙂
Message 590 of 1,973
Latest reply