Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

http://www.bighornquilts.com/inspiration/strip/sns.html
better than I can explain it, lol.
Message 991 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really slow, I measure twice, cut once, (guess how I learned that one)..LOL...I don't always get the seams right, so, reverse sewing for me, because if it isn't right I am not happy. I am improving, every quilt gets better, but, I haven't done anything really hard yet........ahhhhh..points!
Message 992 of 1,973
Latest reply

keeliaclare
Community Member
Oh I just looked at the link, that sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaay complicated!!!! Maybe in ten years time!

Beautiful though:-x
Message 993 of 1,973
Latest reply

Jules, I thought so too, til I had my one on one lesson.... it is so easy. I am a visual person, can't always understand instructions but once shown, piece of cake!!!!
Message 994 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a bit like that too Karen, but my tutors come from all points of Australia, and they always manage to show me how to do it.:^O
Message 995 of 1,973
Latest reply

april_reigns
Community Member
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the stack and slash I did in 1 hour last Friday 🙂
I am going to add the bear applique piece to it and make a quilt for my toddler girl bed.

Oh Karen, that is going to be one very cute quilt! I might have to make one of these slash and burn quilt tops too! Will check out p-bucket and post my roses cushion pic. Hopefully it will be working tomorrow?
Message 996 of 1,973
Latest reply

april_reigns
Community Member
I am really slow, I measure twice, cut once, (guess how I learned that one)..LOL...I don't always get the seams right, so, reverse sewing for me, because if it isn't right I am not happy. I am improving, every quilt gets better, but, I haven't done anything really hard yet........ahhhhh..points!

Lots of people here that are a-scared of pointy bits. Not me I tell ya! Not me! I just disguise them that don't point nice under some sort of applique! Problem solved! :^O
Message 997 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of people here that are a-scared of pointy bits. Not me I tell ya! Not me! I just disguise them that don't point nice under some sort of applique! Problem solved! :^O

There would be a lot of covered bits on mine, haha. Going to learn how to do them properly this year.
Message 998 of 1,973
Latest reply

april_reigns
Community Member

There would be a lot of covered bits on mine, haha. Going to learn how to do them properly this year.

I am sure you will get the hang of them eventually with a little practice, and if all else fails you could say they were a crazy block or, there is always applique! :^O

Grrrrrrrrrrr....... I am getting rather annoyed with my p-bucket account! (can you tell?) I have been trying to add pictures now for over a week and it is still broken! What do I do? Make another account and see if the same problem exists? Change to another photo storage service? Forget about trying to post pics here? Any suggestions anyone and please don't make them heaps technical cause you know I have NFI about all that stuff!

I shall be in the NFI corner in the mean time eating chocolate covered sultanas. Well, eating the chocolate any way! Anyone want some sultanas minus the chocolate? Pull up a seat. I always try to share.
Message 999 of 1,973
Latest reply

yuk!! no chocolate on them? yuk, no thanks.
April, maybe try tinypic for a photo host? or do a new account....
Message 1000 of 1,973
Latest reply