Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

yea im the same karen, hate order :^O

oh yuk will take forever to get rid of the smell rosie 😞
Message 251 of 1,973
Latest reply

Oh no 😞

I thought the people next door had burnt the toast.

I forgot I put fruit on the stove for a boiled fruit cake.

It is BLACK - will have to start again. I just hope the stench is gone before our open house.

Serves me right for being too engrossed on here.

Oh no!! that's what happens when you have a real life too Rosie 🙂
Message 252 of 1,973
Latest reply

Oh no!! that's what happens when you have a real life too Rosie 🙂

u say that like its a bad thing :^O
Message 253 of 1,973
Latest reply

put some coffee on to perk Rosie.....or whip up a batch of cake/muffins....it might overpower the burnt smell.

Just love all your quilts. I've always been envious of those who can do quilting. I do crochet......rugs. But only in the winter time.
Message 254 of 1,973
Latest reply

dancing*with*daggers
Community Member
lill-shazz, I love the colours and especially like the fabricc in the middle of a couple, the one with the large flowers...pansies?

Now I'm starting to think I need to take up a new hobby.
I used to sew heaps, always made all my childrens clothes and most of mine, but don't do it much now. I used to smock heaps too, in fact I still have a pleater which at the time was impossible to buy in Australia. My MIL got it for me in the UK., and I did loads of silk ribbon embroidery.

For a long time I taught dried flower arranging at a local craft shop, so used to do lots of creative stuff.

I really should get back into it, but seem to have been doing house renovations for the last 15 years!!!

My house has a strong Asian theme, mostly black cream white and red. Wonder if a quilt would go in that kind of decor?
Message 255 of 1,973
Latest reply

Oh Dancing, my teacher/friend made a most beautiful quilt in that theme for her daughter. I will ask her if I can post a pic, maybe tomorrow?
Message 256 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dancing a quilt will go with anything, you just need the right fabric, colour and destructions. LOL
Message 257 of 1,973
Latest reply

lill-shazz, I love the colours and especially like the fabricc in the middle of a couple, the one with the large flowers...pansies?

Now I'm starting to think I need to take up a new hobby.
I used to sew heaps, always made all my childrens clothes and most of mine, but don't do it much now. I used to smock heaps too, in fact I still have a pleater which at the time was impossible to buy in Australia. My MIL got it for me in the UK., and I did loads of silk ribbon embroidery.

For a long time I taught dried flower arranging at a local craft shop, so used to do lots of creative stuff.

I really should get back into it, but seem to have been doing house renovations for the last 15 years!!!

My house has a strong Asian theme, mostly black cream white and red. Wonder if a quilt would go in that kind of decor?

I have a quilt in those colours - will see if I can find a picture.
Message 258 of 1,973
Latest reply

Photobucket
Message 259 of 1,973
Latest reply

witchy*poppy*poo
Community Member
WoW!!! They're all beautiful, girls!!!

I like lill's choice of colours and prints, and the contrast of dark and light, busy and plain and big flowers mixed with small print fabrics.

But you're all very talented! I wish I had more time to do artistic handmade things myself!
As you sow so shall you reap
Message 260 of 1,973
Latest reply