One Nation co-founder suing Tony Abbott for $1.5m

A LAWSUIT by One Nation Party co-founder David Ettridge against federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott will head to court next month.

Mr Ettridge is suing federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott for damages of more than $1.5 million.

He has accused Mr Abbott of acting unlawfully in 1998 by assisting and encouraging litigation against One Nation in the Queensland courts.

Mr Ettridge alleges the court action was false and malicious and the resulting damage affected him greatly.

He also accuses Mr Abbott of attempting to pervert the course of justice by providing lawyers "to propel those false claims through the courts".

Mr Ettridge's lawyers served legal papers on Mr Abbott for damages on the weekend.

A spokesman for Mr Abbott told AAP the papers had been received, but declined to comment further.

A directions hearing is set for the Brisbane Supreme Court on May 9 and Mr Abbott has received a summons to attend.

"Before Tony Abbott can become prime minister of Australia he needs to be judged on his suitability to hold the highest office in Australia," Mr Ettridge told AAP in a statement.

"For his role in this disgraceful period of Australian political history, Tony Abbott has never been brought to account."

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

NS, see Freaki's #18 and #20 

and your following post 

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

Re #36 

you are comparing how posters here think and react to a Federal MP ?

Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

I wasn't having a go at LL.If we had to choose our MP's from CS posters LL would be in the running imo. I just expect far more from an MP than I do from any poster here .An  MP's accountability and responsibility isn't diminished by what some posters here say/don't say/think/react etc.

Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

I wasn't having a go at LL.If we had to choose our MP's from CS posters LL would be in the running imo. I just expect far more from an MP than I do from any poster here .An  MP's accountability and responsibility isn't diminished by what some posters here say/don't say/think/react etc.

I was not "having a go" (as you put it) at LL I was just using LL as the example of what can happen to any of us finding ourselves in a "sticky" uncomfortable situation. We can all get flustered so I don't see why pollies are any different. I have heard pollies from all parties get tongue tied and "muck" things up.

As far as LL running for PM, ask him to give us a political speech with NO lies, NO broken promises and how he will bring Australia back into surplus where it was prior to this inept governments over spending fiasco's. If he can do this I may be swayed (also pigs might fly)

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 44 of 52
Latest reply

oink oink flap flap

Message 45 of 52
Latest reply

does LL have an admirer? I never would have guessed it'd come to this ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

hopefully not too much of the wrong kind of admiration Karen 

Message 47 of 52
Latest reply

In times gone by, there have been members sent packing for deliberately  impersonating another member, either by ID or avi.

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

OMG - is there any one out there who just wants to focus on the future ?

I know the poli's do nothing but rehash and revisit the past, whether it be good by them or bad by those before them,  but surely someone just want's to hear an original argument that may actually affect our future?  in a positive way ?

or are we just all so conditioned to hearing them bitch about each other to give a toss.

Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

I think we all care but the pollies are to interested in ripping each other apart to do anything to positive.

Wouldn't it be lovely (sounds like a good song title) if they could or would put down the hatchets and work together surely there must be some things they can agree on and some common ground. It is very draining to listen to all parties continually "bashing" each other trying to score points.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 50 of 52
Latest reply