Pancreatic Cancer

It's a long time since I've posted, but I am desperate for any help and advice.

I am 53 and in September was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.  I have had a whipple procedure which took 81/2 hours of surgery, but unfortunately, they were unable to remove all the cancer as it had attached itself to an artery.  This procedure was done in November and yet I am still feeling so unwell.

I have been to see an oncologist twice and I am due to start chemo in the next week.  Both times I have seen the oncologist, I have gone home and just cried and cried, as he has given me nothing positive to hold on too.

I am absolutely devastated by my diagnosis as they have told me they can't cure me and only 1 in 5 will get through to the end of chemo treatment.  I know everyone says to stay positive, but I have been given nothing positive to hold on to and I just can't stop crying. 

If you have been through this type of cancer and procedure, please post for me, I really need to talk to people who understand what I am going through and if what I am feeling is normal.

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Pancreatic Cancer

Exquisite post, Aftanas. Thank you for having the compassion and courage to share your insights with all of us. I think your post can be quite helpful - not only to anyone with a terminal illness, but to their loved ones as well.

My heart and thoughts are with you and Deb.

Message 61 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

Just wanted to keep in touch and let you know, I hope you're coping better these days and we're thinking of you and sending truck loads of love and support

truck load of flowersthI4B0Q1GS.jpg

Message 62 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

blue it's been ages . . . . . . how are you going ?  I do hope you are managing the treatments and feeling at least a little better - better still  - heaps better

take-what-you-need2 for Deb.jpg

Message 63 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

Hope you are going well with the treatments and your doctors are pleased with your progress.
Message 64 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

Hi Deb,

Still constantly in my thoughts and hoping you are managing the treatment and responding well

miss you.jpg

Message 65 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

missing-you mouse with tears.gif

And sending best wishes Heart

Message 66 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

@mbselections00 wrote:

missing-you mouse with tears.gif

Heart

Anybody heard anything from mybluestang - I am very concerned and don't want to think the worst Heart

Message 67 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

Thinking of her here too, I hope that she is going ok.

Message 68 of 69
Latest reply

Pancreatic Cancer

Any news - anybody regarding Deb's welfare ?   Although I haven't posted for a while as I fear the worst now it's been so long since we've heard from her, she remains constantly in my thoughts  . . . . . . .

Bouquet of flowers 11.jpg

Message 69 of 69
Latest reply