5 REPLIES 5

Protecting or fleecing?

there are idiots who drive too fast in places they shouldnt risking lives of innocent people and if they are caught they should feel it to the point they think 'well that sucked wont do that again'

but i so often feel there are times when the speed limit is stupid, like from adelaide to port wakefield.

4 lane highway with a planted area between the up lanes and down lanes with a limit of 100kph

its squite safe to travel at 130 or 140 in a modern car with speed control.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Protecting or fleecing?

martinw-48
Community Member
I'd like to see a 24 hour suspension of licence for speeding.
Most of the people that speed past me are quite obviously unaffected by speeding fines having more than enough money to cover them
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Protecting or fleecing?

When I was learning to drive, "The handbook" that all young prospective drivers were given said that the driver must have both hands on the steering wheel while the car was in motion...

It made it difficult to change gears... ha ha...

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Protecting or fleecing?

@martinw-48 wrote:
I'd like to see a 24 hour suspension of licence for speeding.
Most of the people that speed past me are quite obviously unaffected by speeding fines having more than enough money to cover them

I think the trouble is a lot of speeding fines these days are from cameras and the person might not even know they have a fine till about 60 days after the event.

I think a suspension of driver's licence would be reasonable in some cases but what i would like to see more is more of a graduation in speeding fines.

My father once copped a fine for going 63 on a 60 zone.

Okay, so he was in the wrong but I feel a $40 fine would be adequate for anything up to 5kph over. I don't believe a person should have a licence suspension for a really small offence.

My main worry with some of the hoons you see speeding around is that they are breaking the limits not by 3kph but easily by 20kph or more & I have no confidence that if they were given a 24 hour suspension that they would even follow it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply