Reclaim Australia Rally Drowns Out Counter Protesters

Reclaim Australia protesters held their largest rally yet on Saturday in Canberra kicking of a wave of Anti-Islam demonstrations in cities across the world.

Canberra organiser Daniel Evans labelled it "preservation of Australia Day" and at the podium congratulated 250 "fellow patriots" for making the journey to the capital.

Saturday's protest was the first in a series of global rallies against the Islamisation of the West co-ordinated by German anti-immigration movement the Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West (PEGIDA).  

As the crowd marched up Federation Mall and flooded onto a Parliament House Lawn, split in two by barricades, a dubbed version of John Lennon's track Imagine came over the PA featuring the lyrics "Imagine there's no Islam".

Born and bred ACT resident and father of three Mr Evans said the position of Reclaim Australia was broadly misunderstood by the greater community. 

"We are a multi-ethnic country but we have one culture, Australian culture," he said.

"I'm not against Muslims. I'm against the ideology of Islam. We have extremists here preaching hate. These are the ones we need to get rid of." 

Arabella McKenzie, dressed as a Suffragette complete with parasol, said she felt compelled to "roll out of her grave" and protest with Reclaim to stand up for women's rights.

"Women's right to vote was nothing compared with what women are facing today in Sharia run countries," she said.

"A lot of people say "what culture in Australia are we defending?" but there is a culture here where woman can be free, have rights and are considered equal human beings. That's a good culture to preserve." 

Entire Article Here

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

who is suggesting that australian muslims

are hell bent on killing?

The "Reclaim Australia" mob. Read some of their propganda.

where?  

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

who is suggesting that australian muslims

are hell bent on killing?

The "Reclaim Australia" mob. Read some of their propganda.

where?  

On  Facebook. I have one or two 'friends of friends' who occasionally  'share' their rantings, so they appear on my newsfeed from time to time. ; but if  I posted links to them here, I'd probably find myself on a one way ticket to eBali - that's how bad they are.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

no, dont post the links.

i'll have a look. 

(i did check their website

but nothing like that there)

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

You probably won't find it on their official website, because they like to present a public image of fairminded patriots. It's the rantings of those who attend their rallies and comment on their posts that show their true face.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

that's the thing about social media.

anyone can say anything and it can

be attributed to anyone. 

maybe super nova can back up the

claim in question?

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply