Recording a play

ecar3483
Community Member

If I go to see a live play, at a theatre, and I film it (video it, record it, whatever the fashionable term is, nowdays), without the express consent of the Company of players, am I skating on the thin ice of violating copyright? Let alone being in some way outright rude, after all, the players are there to perform to an audience, not a gaggle of camera wavers.

Or am I completely out of touch with the values of Generation five second attention span, and "making memories" is an acceptable practice?  Following on from that, would it be okay for me to clamber onto the stage and take a selfie with the lead character, during the performance?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Recording a play

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Clambering onto the stage to take a selfie will solve all your problems.....security will throw you out and you will not have a chance to record anything.Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Recording a play

If it's one of my plays,King Lear,Othello etc,you have my permission to record. ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Recording a play

check the event information.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Recording a play

To film or not to film, that is the question.

Alas, poor Ecar! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? (Hamlet, V.i)

DEB

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Recording a play