Round Table Revisited

And so Lord of the String said unto the peoples, "Go forth anew. Seek a land you can call your own."

The people saw it was good.

So, on the last day the people said their solemn goodbyes and began the long journey to the promised new land.

And so began the new land and its people were joyous!

Welcome, to the Return of the Round Table known as...

"Round Table Revisited" (RTR)
Message 1 of 29,658
Latest reply
29,657 REPLIES 29,657

Round Table Revisited

Good afternoon Ladies Smiley Happy

It has been a few days since I posted - real life together with our volunteer work has been keeping us busy.  I took the day off today though .... went to see The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society and thoroughly enjopyed it.  Now hunting for the book.  I can highly recommend the film - set in the Channel Islands in the aftermath of the German occupation there.  Not something which is much publicised at least not something I have read much about.

Freddie, when are you heading off on your holiday?  I recall your clip of the property - such a wonderful outlook and location.  Do hope your knee and hip allow you to fully enjoy your stay there.

We had the most amazing storms here over the weekend - thunder and lightning right overhead.  At times it felt like the house was going to be split in two!  The rain was just lovely and whilst the garden is smiling the weeds are exploding - they can however wait until later in the week.

Part 1 of a documentary on Sir John Monash on ABC TV tonight at 8.30pm - will be interesting for anyone with an historical bent.

Dawn service for us tomorrow at Monument Hill and a parade through town.

A lazy afternoon ahead - might just go for a wander around the traps Smiley Wink 

Message 27651 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Hey Deb

Amazing morning - numbers increasing!  Great to see the young 'uns getting some appreciation of the importance of the day to many.

Your boys might get nosebleed being up the top of the ladder Deb Smiley Wink

Only teasing .... they are doing well.

Sandy, sorry for Frank about the Dons results - even sorrier given it was the Pies who won ...... they are about as popular as the Eagurls in this household Smiley Wink

Spoiler

sorry TGSE but you know I speak as a died in the wool Dockers supporter Smiley LOL

Spent an hour having a look around the traps yesterday ..... an hour I will never retrieve Smiley Indifferent

My preference for sticking in our 'home thread' generally and even more so to 'moderated fora' was validated - not that I post much these days.  The unmoderated sites certainly enable posters to show their true selves (despite the misleading nicknames in some instances) - not the sort of individuals I care to associate with in any format let alone in real life.

The Monash programme was amazing - looking forward to Episode 2 next week. I did not realise initially that Peter Greste was the journalist who was imprisoned in Egypt - he did a fantastic job.

Message 27652 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Hi Laney - 13th June we will be in R&R mode looking forward to

getting away for a bit - one of my brothers anniversary today 4 yrs

I can't believe it's been that long. I know what you mean by showing

their true selves - you need to wash your eye's after a visit there. Woman Surprised

Message 27653 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Hugs freddie - sad to lose 1 brother, let alone 2.  If Frank's OK freddie, we leave on the same day.  My cousin's 80 on the 19th and we don't want to rush like we did last time.  1,200 kms was a bit far even though we were fine.  We've got to relize we're getting older.  We didn't have much time last time.

Hi Laney - I only looked at that spot once - didn't go back,  Not my "cup of tea".  I like a good joke but not into that sort of rubbish.

Sadly the bombers were hopeless - oh well. there are worse things in life.

Just had KFC for dinner - kids wanted it.  We rarely have takeaway since I'm doing a lot of the cooking and I won't want it again for a long time.  Chicken coating was dripping in oil so I took that off.  The chicken underneath wasn't too bad but I usually like the chips but not tonight.  Kids ate their popcorn chicken and mashed potato though.

Hi to everyone else on this thread ....

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 27654 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Gosh 4 years today Freddie!  It sounds trite to say it feels just like yesterday ...... but it does.

Are you having a couple of weeks on R & R?  Just the change of scenery would be good no matter what the weather is like.  Any chance you might be able to catch up with Sandy?  That would be like icing on the cake Smiley Happy

Optrex just does not do it Freddie Smiley LOL

Funny how some change names - is it to 'protect the innocent' *cough cough*?  Afraid it does not workSmiley LOL 

Message 27655 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Oh Sandy I took so long to write that (fingernails desparately need cutting - keep getting the 'p' and the 'o' mixed up and not in a useful way) you got in before me lol

Hmmmmm I see you will not be meeting up with Freddie - forgot you were heading down south.

Had KFC once at the behest of my dear Mum - only ever once Smiley LOL

Agree with you on many counts Sandy including the football results.  I think I have been 'sported out' and have just not got into AFL mode yet ....... give me time

Edit to get rid of an errant 'p' lol

Message 27656 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Sandy 3 brothers and the Princess - don't worry Sandy we can sort

out a coffee or lunch another time - Laney we are having 10 days we

usually stop a night in Grafton on the way up. I see a few chasing their

tales and building tales as they go Woman LOL

Message 27657 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

I can't believe 4 years have gone by Freddie... The time has gone so quickly

Sandy it's a shame they chose KFC, not the best. It would put me off take away too

Laney, Tigers on top?  I don't think  i've ever seen that before in my lifetime lol

wonder how long they will stay there

Message 27658 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Oh, and as for the other, it has been an education, um.  Sort of lol

Message 27659 of 29,658
Latest reply

Round Table Revisited

Hi Deb

There are a couple of teams I do not mind seeing on the top and Tigers are one of them - keep up the good work.

Just reading that the City of Perth issued parking fines for folks attending the Anzac Service in Kings Park this morning - at 4.30am!

Recipients took to social media and the outrage for such revenue raising was palpable. Pleased to say that the City of Perth has caved in and waived all the fines now.  So they should particularly since they are apparently paying the deposed Lord Mayor $60k pa until the situation is resolved Smiley Surprised

They have been left with a large amount of egg on face.

Freddie truth and honesty seems in short supply for some and Deb it is not the sort of education to be admired Smiley Embarassed

Message 27660 of 29,658
Latest reply