Royal Commish Dyson Heydon Stays!

Heydon refuses to quit inquiry

Dyson Heydon will continue as Trade Unions royal commissioner, despite pressure from the union movement and the Labor Party.

Justice Heydon delivered his ruling today, and said the royal commission would resume tomorrow as per usual.

Mr Heydon published a 67-page decision that concluded “it is not the case that a fair-minded lay observer might apprehend that I might not bring an impartial mind to the resolution of the questions which the work of the Commission requires to be decided”.

The unions have yet to respond to the decision.

Entire Article Here

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Sort of, except the same old people keep delivering the same old messages 😃😃

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

"the daily telegraph is like that bella, I take their articles with a grain of salt, if I read them that is"

The DT was the AWOL captain A3s favourite pick,  the DT, who was actually happy to "argue the message" and not the messenger.

Far better  the red-rags: AIMN or the IA, if the messenger is your criteria, well actually red online rags with their open "source" meaning anyone can contribute, but always seem to be of a MYOP colour !

The AIMN is a platform for citizen journalists and bloggers to write and engage in an independent media environment.

IA supports quality investigative journalism, as well as citizen journalism.

Gotta luv those "citizen" journalists and their messages.

Of course one must not forget the past quoted Jakarta Post and the Tehran based Press TV as sources to titillate a partisan appetite, even though the fare  did not match the menu

.John siggy.GIF

Totally bizarre to take posts from another thread, about another topic and about posters who aren't even here. 

Creepy actually 😱

Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

Sort of, except the same old people keep delivering the same old messages 😃😃

Yes that's true. some keep bumping up threads , from long gone posters, with the same old theme, day after day.

Now that IS creepy.

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

oh dear . I'm sure I've mentioned to you before that I just post wherever I want to post

not sure why that bothers you so much??

I am most certainly not in the habit of dredging up old posts by other people though, that I think is a really strange thing to do

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. remember to keep the thread polite and refrain from interpersonal arguments.

Thanks

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

But right to do so.

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

"Right wing extremists" ? please name them as I don't know of any except the nazi fringe group who hijack the reclaim Australia marches.

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

Anyone with a genuine interest in the Trade Unions Royal Commission would do well to watch the live broadcast available through this link :

http://www.commcast.com.au/turc

The discomfort of some of the witnesses as they are taken through their ' statements ' is palpable .

The phrase ' union thugs ' springs to mind .

The balance demonstrated by Dyson Heydon is admirable given the obvious manipulation and dishonesty contained in their earlier statements .

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

though I don't follow it- I did see this story last week, which I thought a bit odd

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-01/blackmail-charge-dropped-against-cfmeu-organiser-john-lomax/68...

bogus charges??  Woman Surprised

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

That was last weeks news and states that he ' did not give evidence in the Royal Commission '

As you stated ' you don't follow it ' you would be unaware that he did in fact give evidence in the Royal Commission yesterday !

Perhaps you should bring yourself up to date instead of simply cutting and pasting old news  Woman Happy 

I posted the link for anyone with a 'genuine ' interest in the process .

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply