Sara Dane

A while ago there was a thread on great Australian miniseries of the past. Someone mentioned Sara Dane so I thought, why not, and bought it online.

Well, it was fantastic! I think it was made around 1982 - I vaguely remember the adverts back in the day but never watched it.

What a relief to see the lead actress played by a 30-something size 12 actress. Juliet Jordan is her name, I believe. She was obviously from the theatre and the more I watched, and the more actors became involved in the series, I realised they were ALL from the stage. Such a contrast to today's TV stars who have such little craft at all. There was not one 20-something actress and none of the women were skinny.

Today, they would make Sara Dane 21, anorexic and hire an actress that had been seen on one episode of a reality TV show.  

I want to thank the person who suggested it. Please don't all jump to take the credit as only one poster mentioned the miniseries, but I can't remember who...

Bring back the 80's!  Past Australian TV has a lot to be proud of!

I'd like to kiss ya but I just washed my hair...bah
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sara Dane

It was me rich, your bestie. :-x

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

What a relief to see the lead character played by a 30-something size 12 actress, I meant LOL

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

It was me rich, your bestie. :-x

Oh it was not, LOL

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

{{{rich{{{

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

Looking at our avis, Freddie you and I look like a match made in heaven...

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

:^O We do rich, I think I have the best looking chin :^O

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

I did think many scenes resembled "Gone With the Wind" and the dialogue was stagey along with some of the camera set-ups, but all in all a great achievement for 1982. The opening scenes on the ship were terrific.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

:^O We do rich, I think I have the best looking chin :^O

Plural...

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Sara Dane

I loved the Sarah Dane mini series................have you watched Against the Wind

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply