whats a maersk?

Yes - what is a Maersk.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

martinw-48
Community Member
It's a grain ship.
Wallaroo has bulk grain handling facilities.
Maersk ship containers
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

Maersk Line is a Danish international container shipping company and the largest operating subsidiary of the Maersk Group, a Danish business conglomerate. It is the world's largest container shipping company by both fleet size and cargo capacity, serving 374 offices in 116 countries. It employs approximately 31,600, of which 7,000 are shipping crew and 24,600 processing personnel. Maersk Line operates over 786 vessels and has a capacity of 4.1 million. The company was founded in 1928.

http___com.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.jpg

Good pick up on the detail martin.

image host
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

martinw-48
Community Member
Originally it was Copper in that part of the world.
That's why it's called the copper coast.
I used to live in Adelaide and the Yorke peninsula was my favourite day trip location.
I must have visited every town and driven every road.
In my 1970 XW Falcon with it's thirty gallon tank I could drive one thousand kilometres before needing to refuel.
Eaten plenty of fish and chips with the Wallaroo jetty in the front windscreen.
Never fished off it though.
Went to Ardrossan for that
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

i know its a grain ship, we see them a lot, most look like they need to be scrapped.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Maersk Line is a Danish international container shipping company and the largest operating subsidiary of the Maersk Group, a Danish business conglomerate. It is the world's largest container shipping company by both fleet size and cargo capacity, serving 374 offices in 116 countries. It employs approximately 31,600, of which 7,000 are shipping crew and 24,600 processing personnel. Maersk Line operates over 786 vessels and has a capacity of 4.1 million. The company was founded in 1928.

http___com.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.jpg

Good pick up on the detail martin.

i dont think its a maersk, but i'll take a look thru the old binoculars tomorrow see if i can read the name.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Ship Ahoy!

martinw-48
Community Member
I wasn't implying that you didn't know David
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply