Should Cameron Smith admit his age

Or should he put his massive ego away and actually tell people whether he is playing on?

He is disrupting the Storm. Might be good for his ego, doesn't help the club he claims he loves.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

That's a bit harsh and judgemental. I assume you don't like the guy?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Not a clue. 

My first thought was: Who is Cameron Smith?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

He definitely should let his club know whether or not he's playing on.

A couple of young players need certainty about their positions for this year.

And the rest of the team also needs a decision.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I think he has another dozen years in him yet.

After all Col Pearce was still going strong in his 50's.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

You obviously do. Do you consider a geriatric (sport-wise) player playing on his 'iconic' status to stuff his whole team around to be okay?

If so, why?

Yes I'm biased. The longer he plays the longer Jarrod Croker has to wait for his deserved honour as the greatest NRL point scorer.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

You obviously do. Do you consider a geriatric (sport-wise) player playing on his 'iconic' status to stuff his whole team around to be okay?

If so, why?

Yes I'm biased. The longer he plays the longer Jarrod Croker has to wait for his deserved honour as the greatest NRL point scorer.

Why wouldn't I like him? The guy is hailed as possibly the greatest player ever and is ferociously supportive of the NRL.

And I certainly am not going to expect him to place more importance on your Canberra Raiders captain, Jarrod Crocker's opportunity to become the greatest point scorer ahead of his family, income, future and right to go out on his terms. Fair suck of the sav, hey.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

From the 2020 grand final wrap up...

9. Cameron Smith: if it was indeed his last game, what a way to go out. Scheming around the ruck, astute kicks from dummy-half when they were needed, and a rare game-breaking try right on half-time. Kicked some important goals in the first half before the score blew out too. What a performance. 8.5

What does the air in Canberra do to people?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

He is just loves to rile people up.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

There isn’t any point in dragging up a thread from 2021 merely to have a dig at someone.

It’s better to find common ground and appreciation for one another. We don’t need to agree on everything.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply