Should They be Allowed

When a person applies for a job on a Pollies staff, At the interview should the Pollie or their staff member doing the interview be allow to question the person able their political affiliations.

I have just been listening to a man who's son allowed for a job with one of the local pollies.  He is very angry because his son was question at some length abot what political party he followed.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Should They be Allowed

@grandmoon wrote:

IMO there is more reasons as to why the kid didn't get the job besides the fact, that asked about his political affiliation's.   But his father is talking about appeal on the grounds of the political questions.

The father sounds like someone who blames everyone else and he is its always someone elses fault type.

A political party has every right to ask for a prospective employment the persons political beliefs

The father and kid will lose if the appeal but if they do go down that path please do keep us informed

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@grandmoon wrote:

IMO there is more reasons as to why the kid didn't get the job besides the fact, that asked about his political affiliation's.   But his father is talking about appeal on the grounds of the political questions.

An electorate officer or staffer would be asked those questions  but a parliamentary officer is expected to have no party affiliation.

An appeal would have little to no chance of success.  

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@nero_wulf wrote:

@grandmoon wrote:

The father sounds like someone who blames everyone else and he is its always someone elses fault type.

A political party has every right to ask for a prospective employment the persons political beliefs

The father and kid will lose if the appeal but if they do go down that path please do keep us informed

I have tried to explain to the father that he could do his son career more damage by appealing.  The kids name would be well know as have a father that is a trouble maker.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@grandmoon wrote:

@nero_wulf wrote:

@grandmoon wrote:

I have tried to explain to the father that he could do his son career more damage by appealing.  The kids name would be well know as have a father that is a trouble maker.

So a question, what brand of politics was the kid applying for a job with and what brand of politics is he and his father? 

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

The applicant would be able to lie and still get the job.  It happens.  How else do the leaks leak?

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@polksaladallie wrote:

The applicant would be able to lie and still get the job.  It happens.  How else do the leaks leak?

Yes I aware this happens too often.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

nero-wulf

So a question, what brand of politics was the kid applying for a job with and what brand of politics is he and his father?

He was appying for a research officers job with one of Labor pollie. This job is a good job for someone to start a career so I understand why the kid wanted it.

I don't know which party the kid follows if he follows any.  The father follows the Liberal party.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply