Should there be

martinw-48
Community Member
Mandatory life sentences for arson.
Young people keep lighting fires.
We don't execute these perpetrators (my preferred option)
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Should there be

@martinw-48 wrote:
Not enough Jails to accommodate these a....holes. 

Seems imo  many are "copycat" arsonists.

I just heard that the fires in the Sunshine Coast could have been lit by 12 year olds!! OMG

Just horrible

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

Not allowed to say what I think should be done with the good for nothing scum

Because 'It's not nice' 

So these turds are allowed to get their jollies lighting fires, destroying and killing ........in case they might decide to stop one day and be a decent hum an being

Bloody joke

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

martinw-48
Community Member
I'm happy to say it.
Push them out of the helicopter into the fire.
I'll do it for free
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

It doesn't surprise me some arsonists are children.  Given what is happening (and has happened) without proper supervision and parenting skills needed to be encouraged and even enforced, it is common to see children running around without any adult supervision at all and left to their own devices.

I have no idea what the answer is, but there needs to be more responsibility taken by the adults in children's lives.

Violence dealt with by violence never works, it just breeds more of it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

Over 30 years ago, when we lived in Sydney, some children lit fires at a local school.

The mother said she had trouble controlling them, and never knew where they were.

This MIGHT be understandable if the children were teenagers.

They were actually 4 and 6 years old!
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

How awful that is ...  Smiley Sad   4 and 6 year old children without parental nurturing, what chance of a healthy stable adulthood?, very little.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

@martinw-48 wrote:

I think you would have to judge each case on the individual circumstances.

It depends on the age of the person and what role they took in it.

If we were talking about eg a 6 year old, then I'd be considering their home life and if they needed to be taken into care if their parents weren't capable. I think there is hope for young children to be turned around to know right from wrong, with the right upbringing, and I think young children up to about 12 don't always understand the seriousness of some things.

But if we're talking people 16-18, they usually do.

I don't know about a life sentence. Again, depends on circumstances. For instance, a car was set alight in my suburb last night. I'd like to see the people who did it jailed as apparently they looted the car first so I'd say they set fire to it to destroy fingerprints and just because they are nasty little (or big) thugs. Not necessarilya life sentence though.

My problem with the concept of life sentence is we don't even give this to murderers. How many really bad serial killers, really vicious, do we see asserting that they should be eligible for parole? I think we need to have our laws so serious killers get life, no second chances, never to be released.

When we get that right, we can tighten up on the slack laws for some other crimes.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

Give them some wet hessian bags and send them in to put out some of the sparkly bits that they so love to see.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Should there be

Gotta do something....at Viewmont we are surrounded. The Beesnest fire has burned out 90000 hectares

fires15september.JPG

https://www.nambuccaguardian.com.au/story/6368533/worrying-arson-pattern-emerging-in-nambucca/

https://www.nambuccaguardian.com.au/story/6383613/face-to-face-with-the-beast-from-my-front-deck/?cs...

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply