Sneak Peek of the siege survivors

Photobucket
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I believe that lawyers would have been on to them straight away to go for the money because they want their cut. Who knows what will be done with the money what is left of it.

I'm sure they would be entitled to make a victims of crime compensation claim and they will need it to cover any help they need.

Apart from anything else it might help them with their recovery to talk about it.  I would like to see it but I'm not sure that I will be watching tonight.

Joono

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

That's it Joono, these people are victims.They didn't ask to be in this position and their lives will never be the same again.

I don't begrudge them a dollar for what they have been through.

The only people entitled to jump on any outrage bus (if there is one) imo would be the families of the two who lost their lives.

Our judgements and disgust should be saved for the perpetrators and real criminals, not the victims.

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

I hope you are wrong Polka and I'm hoping that channel 7 and the producers do the right thing by them. It would be criminal to make them a victim again.

i agree with what you say here but i hope it goes a step further and the general pubic don't judge them on the choices they made both during the siege and in any interviews afterwards.

THEY are the ones who experienced it and what they choose to do, such as give interviews afterwards, paid or unpaid is their decision to make and I think it unfair to say they are 'prostituting' themselves, as somebody further up so judgmentally phrased it.

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Not interested.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

The problem with those kind of shows is that all the people are being privately interviewed, then the whole show is scripted, cut and pasted to suit the producers of the show.

Some of the thing the people have said will be cut out, because it is not dramatic enough or answers get changed to a different question that the answer was originally said to.

Erica

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

They were all innocent victims and regardless of the politics and the fact that they are probably being paid I'm interested in what they have to say.👛
Photobucket
Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Of course you are dear

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

The fact that they are paid is the reason that I am not interested.

I would never prostitute myself if I had been through that experience, and have no interest in those that do.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

I understand that the money could be donated to mentally ill people however the public is interested
Photobucket
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

I think I'll set aside some time to wash my hair while this tawdry hour or so TV presentation makes a pitch for the larmoyant viewer.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

I believe that lawyers would have been on to them straight away to go for the money because they want their cut. Who knows what will be done with the money what is left of it.

I'm sure they would be entitled to make a victims of crime compensation claim and they will need it to cover any help they need.

Apart from anything else it might help them with their recovery to talk about it.  I would like to see it but I'm not sure that I will be watching tonight.

Joono
Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

It won't help their recovery to expose themselves on television.  That will have the opposite effect.

They need to do that in a doctor's or counsellor's rooms.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply