South Africa v Australia: ball tampering claims

South Africa v Australia: Cameron Bancroft sparks ball tampering claims after footage shows mystery object

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/cameron-bancroft-ball-tampering/9583794

I'm so disgusted at this, from our national cricket team!

a team i love watching play.

a team who have built a reputation of 'play it tough but play within the rules'

if proven, sack the player involved

sack the captain, hes in charge of what goes on 'out on the ground'

put the coach on a warning, unless its proven he had pre knowledge of the tampering, then sack him too.

warn all other players, cheating in any way will end their careers full stop!

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

A couple of ex test players are..ball tampering in the commentary box most of the time...

Message 2 of 71
Latest reply

as much as i like Smith as a player and captain, recent events have proven him to be less than up to the job in my eyes.

a little too much standing up for bad behaviour in his team

a captain of the Australian Cricket Team "MUST" lead not be led!

i think he is under huge pressure as his batting is showing, he isnt scoring runs, hasnt since the ashes series.

to come out and make excuses for 'ball tampering' by one of HIS players, just looks weak.

Its time for the ACB to step in, Bancroft should be sacked imediatly, 1st class career over.

Steve Smith to lose the captaincy imediatly.

Coach Lehman to front an investigation panel ASAP to convince he knew nothing of this disgusting act prior to it happening, if he cant he goes too!

Australia likes winning, but we regard our cricket team to be the team others wish they were.

they have a HUGE problem now.

Message 3 of 71
Latest reply

@davidc4430wrote:

as much as i like Smith as a player and captain, recent events have proven him to be less than up to the job in my eyes.

a little too much standing up for bad behaviour in his team

a captain of the Australian Cricket Team "MUST" lead not be led!

i think he is under huge pressure as his batting is showing, he isnt scoring runs, hasnt since the ashes series.

to come out and make excuses for 'ball tampering' by one of HIS players, just looks weak.

Its time for the ACB to step in, Bancroft should be sacked imediatly, 1st class career over.

Steve Smith to lose the captaincy imediatly.

Coach Lehman to front an investigation panel ASAP to convince he knew nothing of this disgusting act prior to it happening, if he cant he goes too!

Australia likes winning, but we regard our cricket team to be the team others wish they were.

they have a HUGE problem now.

Update:

Steve Smith has Admitted Knowing of the plan to ball tamper prior to it happening, worse still he was OK with it!

HE MUST BE SACKED from the team

The match should be forfieted to South Africa.

Any other players who were 'in the know' of the plan, pack you bags and go home and think about your futures.

your paid handsomly to represent AUSTRALIA!

they have let AUSTRALIA down with this grubby carp we see happening 'in less civilised' countries. (thanks mr dutton)

Cheating at this level must not be allowed FULL STOP

Message 4 of 71
Latest reply

Australian cricketer Cameron Bancroft charged with ball tampering as Steve Smith admits he helped hatch the plan

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/australian-cricketers-admit-to-ball-tampering/9584476

Message 5 of 71
Latest reply

it's pretty low really... I always believed we were above cheating in sports.... apparently I was wrong  Woman Sad

Message 6 of 71
Latest reply

What were they thinking????

I can't believe nor understand what i've been watching

from our elite sportsmen and their minders. 

Why?

Message 7 of 71
Latest reply

@freddie*roosterwrote:

What were they thinking????

I can't believe nor understand what i've been watching

from our elite sportsmen and their minders. 

Why?

Exactly

and for Steve Smith not to resign from his captain roll on the spot.....Unforgivable.

i think of how we treated other players from other countries when they were caught doing lesser crimes to the game.

this team prolly should be recalled to australia ending the series with all results handed to the south africans.

a full enquiry should be held as soon as possible

anyone involved in this disgusting act should be out of the game for life

these cretins have destroyed Australian Crickets Reputation for, well who knows how long?

we are still remined of the 'underarm bowling' incident today and how long ago was that?

and THAT was within the laws of cricket however low an act it was!

Message 8 of 71
Latest reply

Heads must roll - the footage of Steve Smith and

Bancroft being spoken to by the umpire and for

them to continue to try and deceive by pulling the

black glasses case from his pocket which I assume he

was claiming that was what he had in his hand makes

their apology a complete mockery. 

Message 9 of 71
Latest reply

The present Australian cricket team has bothered me for the last few years. They are the grubbiest and lowest team I have seen. Their sledging and body language is ferocious and always on the brink of crossing the line. They come across as a 'win at any cost' side. And Smith and Warner (the leaders) are clearly the worst. In hindsight, I can now see how this attitude has deteriorated to cheating. Their respect for the game as it should be played just isn't there.

IMO Smith, Warner and Lehmann should be sacked. But if I have been bothered by their attitude and behaviour for some time then surely Cricket Australia have too. Why have they not intervened before now to clean up their attitude and re-direct the players back on track. There are lots of people who have a lot to answer for. Australians, not just the cricketers, will be viewed as cheats for years. This is so unfair on our kids.

I can't recall the last time I felt so ashamed and sick in this way.

Message 10 of 71
Latest reply