South Australia's $38m Tesla battery site on track

South Australia's $38m Tesla battery site on track to charge in 2019, giving Infigen more opportunities

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-15/sa-tesla-battery-site-on-track-to-charge-may/10496282

i see a lot of stories about battry back up systems, now they are being offered to home owners to add to their solar power systems.

but what i'm not seeing is what will be done with the batteries when they die as all batteries do eventually.

they are also predicting we will all be driving cars with these batteries powering them so there will be more old batteries.

in about 20 years from now are we going to be having millions of batteries piling up?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marwi_3023
Community Member
Lithium batteries can and are being recycled if people don't throw them in the rubbish
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

i heard a discussion on recycling these big batteries and right now there are no government plans on how to deal with the dead big batterys.

right now it is very expensive to recycle them, and as we know, money speaks.

if we are going to be charged large sums of money to dispose of the batterys then it should be talked about now, before we get to that.

perhaps a 'tax' on the new batterys to go towards the recycling of them later, before people start dumping them here there and everywhere.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply