Speeding through road works

martinw-48
Community Member
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-19/traffic-controller-witnessed-wifes-death-wants-better-protect...

I notice whenever traveling through road work that the all vehicles very rarely obey the posted speed.
The trucks are the worst with their following extremely close and trying to push you past the posted speed limit.
Being a School Crossing Supervisor I notice that often drivers do not obey the limit surrounding the schools at which I've worked.
I've even had drivers go through the crossing while I was standing in the middle with my stop sign prominently displayed. Luckily I hadn't blown the whistle to allow the children to cross.
Everyone thinks that they are so busy that they can't wait for the little bit of time to allow safe and legal transit through the lower speed limits but these limits exist because people have been killed.
Road workers and children have been killed because people are unable to use their brains to allow them to safely negotiate these situations on their own valition.
That truck driver that killed the lady in the above article may not change his behaviour because once back at work the boss will demand strict time limits to perform his duties.
I am sick to death of money trumping human life.
It needs to stop.
As well as apathy to the risks that someone who is so important that a little of their time trumps a workers life.
Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0