Spinal muscular Atrophy.

gkam2
Community Member

It takes a bit to move me but yesterday Monday 24 March I saw an article about a little girl who is just Eight months old and has been diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. A disease which according to the article will take her before her third Birthday. Like I said it takes a lot to move me but this child is a couple of months older than our first granddaughter and I could not help but think,"There but for the Grace of God go I'. 

Her name is Aria and she needs to go overseas for stem cell treatment which is not a guaranteed cure but appears to be her best, if not only chance at life. Three years is too young to die.

Her young parents do not have the $35,000 needed for the treatment and need help from the community. To date according to the newspaper approximately $10,000 has been raised. Our family who have fared well as far as health goes and are pleased to offer a small donation to help this deserving young girl.

If you feel that you could help Aria or find out more about this disease please go to  www.dailytelegraph.com.au/.../story-fni0cx12-1226862748072

In my opinion as a wealthy country, if our children need medical treatment in the States or Europe or The dark Side of The Moon then they should get it, cost should not be a factor. Australian Children are this countries most valuable asset.

Anyway, enough from me, if you think that you could help, Please Do So.    www.dailytelegraph.com.au/.../story-fni0cx12-1226862748072

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Spinal muscular Atrophy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear little girl ..agree $35 k is nothing compared to a life !
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply