Struggle Street

so, who's watching this show tonight at 8:30 on SBS?

if it's not cancelled that is. The people involved have tried to get it wiped because it represents them in an unfavourable light.

Message 1 of 167
Latest reply
166 REPLIES 166

Struggle Street

Definitely watching, looks the same as current affairs and news shows to me, they are always misrepresenting people 🙂

Photobucket
Message 2 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

It's about Bidwill and surrounds. Having lived there for a while, I think they would be hard pushed to make them look any worse than they are. But, I guess we'll see.

Message 3 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

It's about Bidwill and surrounds. Having lived there for a while, I think they would be hard pushed to make them look any worse than they are. But, I guess we'll see.

Woman LOL

Photobucket
Message 4 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

... a dozen of Blacktown’s finest garbage truck drivers performed a wonderfully odious blockade of the SBS headquarters at Artarmon this morning in protest at tonight’s first episode.

The show is nothing but an affront to them and their treasured residents, each claim

Good on them

Message 5 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

one of the participants - the mother - kept saying

things like - just when we were about to get back

on track, just when i was about to get my daughter

to get a job, just when we were about to do this or that -

now this documentary has ruined our chances etc.

yeah right lol

Message 6 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

does the term : "'steal your eye and come back for the hole" give you any hints? 

of course, I am not talking about all of the residents, some of them are almost human Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

@am*3 wrote:

... a dozen of Blacktown’s finest garbage truck drivers performed a wonderfully odious blockade of the SBS headquarters at Artarmon this morning in protest at tonight’s first episode.

The show is nothing but an affront to them and their treasured residents, each claim

Good on them

I can't help but laugh at that, sorry. My understanding is it was filmed over several months. Anyway, the proof will be in the pudding!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

Not wanting to prejudge the residents but after watching the promos for the show it seems to be a 'real life' version of Housos with the residents of Sunnyvale replaced by the residents in Struggle Street.

Message 9 of 167
Latest reply

Struggle Street

@donnashuggy wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Good on them

I can't help but laugh at that, sorry. My understanding is it was filmed over several months. Anyway, the proof will be in the pudding!

Laugh at what?

The truck blockade this morning? The drivers objection about how the residents were portrayed?

People being judged for being poor, and spending their money on junk food (filmed eating junk food that SBS bought them)?

Message 10 of 167
Latest reply