Sugar free icy poles?

Does anyone know of a commerically made brand of sugar free icy poles in Australia?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Sugar free icy poles?

Not a clue, but perhaps you could make them out of sugar free cordial?

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

I don't know of any icypoles...............but we occasionally buy the Skinny Cow brand of icecreams.

As a diabetic hubby is allowed to eat these ocassionally.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

@youcandoityoucandoityoucandoit wrote:

Not a clue, but perhaps you could make them out of sugar free cordial?

good idea youcan.  Never thought of that.  Now to find a sugar free/diet cordial I like (some are really nasty!)

I will be in hospital for  a couple days next month for surgery and I never feel like eating anything except icy poles as they soothe the throat.

The skinny cow icecream I will keep in mind for at home

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

We used Cottees sugar free water mix cordial...........................also the Waterfords mineral water range is sugar free..........Coles and Woolworths have different flavours..............I would recommend the appleberry flavour.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

The Diet-Rite cordial is rather good too....limited range of flavours but I like the Appleberry.

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

Thanks everyone.

I'm really trying to cut down on my sugar intake.  Not easy as some diet/sugar free stuff leaves a horrid after taste in my mouth

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

It is not too bad if it is your choice to cut down on sugar....a bit of a lapse is not too disastrous.

It is more difficult when it is forced upon you.....diabetes is a bugger that way.  You find something that ticks all the boxes diet wise and when you get it home it tastes horrible.

Just be aware that some of the artificial sweeteners can cause diarrhea if you eat too much of it.

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

Ha, the chemicals used to sweeten instead of sugar cause tumors.
Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Sugar free icy poles?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It is not too bad if it is your choice to cut down on sugar....a bit of a lapse is not too disastrous.

It is more difficult when it is forced upon you.....diabetes is a bugger that way.  You find something that ticks all the boxes diet wise and when you get it home it tastes horrible.

Just be aware that some of the artificial sweeteners can cause diarrhea if you eat too much of it.

Good points.  I'm cutting down on sugar, so I'm not forced into by developing diabetes.  Will have a treat once in a while.  Diet Coke and Coke Zero and all of the Pepsi variants leave a horrid metallic taste in my mouth.

As for the diarrhea..... yes I found out the hard way once when I consumed to much chewing gum Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply