Tax increases

What do you think about these plans to increase tax to cover the rising health care crisis?. I know the goverment needs more money but to raise the GST to 15% on everything with no exemptions seems a big jump to me it will add a lot over the year.

But the other sugestion is to leave GST at 10% but increase  the medicare levy 1% ...

Out of the two I think I would prefer GST rise as at least we all have to pay not just people who pay tax 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tax increases

I thought that when the abbott govt was first elected that they should raise GST to 12.5% instead if cutting welfare, but they didn't and now I think retail is currently struggling too much to add more GST . it just might really kill retail if they do it now, also the dropping dollar means higher retail prices to us consumers

The Medibank levy increase, though I don't really want that either is geared to income.. So may be a better way to go
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Tax increases

@amalan11 wrote:

What do you think about these plans to increase tax to cover the rising health care crisis?. I know the goverment needs more money but to raise the GST to 15% on everything with no exemptions seems a big jump to me it will add a lot over the year.

But the other sugestion is to leave GST at 10% but increase  the medicare levy 1% ...

Out of the two I think I would prefer GST rise as at least we all have to pay not just people who pay tax 

B1EAczHCAAAPdWh.jpg large.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply