The Seniors Thread :-)

"This is for the Senior members of CS, those born before 1947. Baby Boomers and Generations X & Y are welcome providing you are over 18 🙂

But this is definitely for people who are facing the last long haul.  We have survived babyhood, childhood, being teens and twenties... We have learned to read and write, to drive, have probably been married and the women have survived child birth.

The challenges are constant and the near misses of death are also there.  If we have become a senior we have learned to survive so much, and along the way we have, of course, gathered a great deal of knowledge about life.

The  belief that age diminishes us is not true, it changes us and not all of it is bad.  Yes there can be various forms of dementia for some, but that is also a disease that can happen in younger people.  Alzheimer's can also occur - it is another form of dementia and generally occurs in people over 65, although that can occur much earlier too and not everyone is going to get it.

Most of us keep our mental alertness up to the moment of death, even if we lose our hearing and our eyesight, but of course this can happen at any age too.

What changes is our physical strength, which diminishes but our mental strength and patience grows, it has to of course, to deal with this aging thing.

Arthritis, heart trouble, strokes - all these things associated with age can happen at any time in your life - arthritis can happen when you are a child but they don't like giving out new hips and knees until you are in your 50s and 60s or later.  We can talk about that too.

Cancer can happen any time and that is also something we can discuss here if you like.

The point of this thread is to give the Seniors a chance to talk about how they are coping with age, the challenges it presents and the fears that can come with it... loss of hearing or sight, aging spouses, living alone, retirement villages, even death...

So I will ask that the Juniors treat us in kindly fashion and remember, all this is going to happen to you too - providing you avoid death before you get here 🙂

So, onward and upward.  Let's go...."

Message 1 of 2,906
Latest reply
2,905 REPLIES 2,905

Good morning Darkie.

1947---just made the cut!

Yep-being born in the first half of last century

has its advantages and disadvantages.

Richo.

Message 2 of 2,906
Latest reply

Morning morning Darki and other seniors........what a mavellous time of ones life lots of things sorted............dont have to put up with a lot of non productive stuff.........got heaps of advantages being a mature person lol

Have a good day all off to work before it gets too humid:(

Message 3 of 2,906
Latest reply

I'm older than dirt - I think I qualify

Message 4 of 2,906
Latest reply

Good morning everyone 🙂

Rosie I think we are all older than dirt :^O

Lovely to see we have some Elders here, hope we can get a lot of ideas up and going...

We will see 🙂

Message 5 of 2,906
Latest reply

1962 baby runs in, pokes tongue at oldies 😛 and runs out :-x 

Dont push.... Im typing as fast as I can.......
Message 6 of 2,906
Latest reply

Will be a good thread Darki.

I can think off at least a dozen posters who

qualify.

Maybe a bit early for some-lol.

~~Waves back there to JV and Rosie.

................................................................................................

...........................Grey Power............................................

Message 7 of 2,906
Latest reply

Morning oldies, Great thread Darkie! 

58 vintage here, So, I'll remain silent.. drop in from time to time just to pick-up some tips 😄

Signatures suck.
Message 8 of 2,906
Latest reply

sammee4211
Community Member

I'm in!! 1946 for me 🙂 Great idea starting this thread Darkie.

Cheers.

Message 9 of 2,906
Latest reply

Wicket dilly :^O  Joz good to see you kid :^O

Hurray sammee glad to see you here 🙂

Message 10 of 2,906
Latest reply