The Spirit of ANZAC in my town

The Spirit of ANZAC lives on in my town.

It started ar 18:00 with an all night vigil in rememberance of half the young men and women of this town who were thrown into a conflict not of their making. A lot of those young lives were lost in the conflict.

They live on in the memories of their families and friends. They will never be forgotten

This thread is dedicated to those men and women and their families and friends.

ANZAC Vigil 2015.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I intend to exhibit a pictorial account of the event

ANZAC Vigil 2015-2.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

23:00, change of Guards of Honour.

The Guards are descendants of the fallen or the families of the fallen.

ANZAC Vigil 2015-3.jpg

ANZAC Vigil 2015-4.jpg

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

AnzacDay.jpg

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

My towns Cenotaph

Port Cygnet Cenotaph.jpg

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

That is a very attractive Cenotaph Poddy.  So often they are short and squat....it is refreshing to see a tall slender one like that.

Are you camping out all night?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

And down came the rain.

I am proud of the young people who stood the Guard of Honour in the rain without one complaint.

Loyalty and devotion like they showed is very hard to find

ANZAC Dawn Service 2015-1.jpg

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

ANZAC Dawn Service 2015-2.jpg

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I am also proud of thepeople of my community they turned out in force, the young, the elderly, the disabled, families with very young childre and even with babies.

ANZAC Dawn Service 2015-3.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

ANZAC Dawn Service 2015-4.jpgANZAC Dawn Service 2015-5.jpg

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply